1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The only positive thing tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fya, May 2, 2005.

1. fya

fya Member

Yao and tmac have an unstoppable two man game going. I hope they can continue to exploit dallas' defense with it.

2. Man

Man Contributing Member

I love it.

Tmac and Yao FUTURE DYNASTY :)

3. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

5 stars! Exactly I wanted to say.

If they can carry this on, we are unstoppable.

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

we would be awesome with a 3rd player who can consistently hit shots, and play defense.

cougheddiegriffincough

5. wireonfire

The thing is we don't. The only guy who is actually good enough to start on other team is Wesley. We are not a talented team. But we've got good role players who can feed off the superstars, that is, if they two play well.

6. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

The other teams in the league should be very scared now...just wait until these two youngsters completely figure it out and the team fill in the other pieces...DYNASTY!!! GO ROCKETS!!!

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

exactly, and even wesly is on the downside of his career, and has been for a couple of years. And thtas why im not even that pissed off about these Playoffs, because i know for a fact, that we have nowhere to go but up.

8. Bohr

Bohr Member

I am glad that we are not talking about power dancers this time.

9. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

It is OK, when the Rockets made that trade for McGrady the whole team was in a rebuilding mode. Sure we knew we were going to win games, but everybody knew that this was the major move that would be followed in subsequent off-seasons with other moves to solidify our roster with our two stars.

We all know we are in this for the long run, right? I mean Yao and McGrady are both around 25, and Yao is nowhere near his max potential yet. And yet we see both of them working together in spurts where they look absolutely mesmerizing, and we know what's to come.

We have to have patience, the Rockets front office hasn't even had a single off-season to rebuild our roster around Yao/McGrady. They did a great job on the fly, but these are not by any means permenant moves. It is just for this season, a patch-up job if you will.

10. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Houston grew tonight, they outplayed Dallas the last few minutes of the 4th QTR for the first time since game 2.

We lost, but Dallas better watch out.

11. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Now IMAGINE when they both actually have time to work on it together in this off-season:eek: .

NBA, you better WATCH OUT!:D

12. rvpals

rvpals Member

Eddie Griffin does not have a reliable outside shot.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm proud of the way that Yao and T-Mac played tonight. If Yao can only get some rest it would do wonders for his game. We need to add youth to our squad which will make things easier next year.

14. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

WAYYYYYYYY too premature to start talking about the off-season.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Run it to death in game5. Run it until Yao can not move his toe anymore. Why didnt we run it ealier!!!!!

16. wireonfire

It is sad that Wesley is already 35! And he had to play 48 freakin' minutes todayl. Big props to him!

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

:confused:

Are you f-ing kidding me? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and am assuming that you didn't follow the NBA much this year or the T-wolves and Griffin in particular - because if there are two things that Eddie Griffin was not able to do it was those two things - which was on his way to having his worst season ever.

18. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Positives:

Despite missed defensive assignments, despite missed free throws, despite poor officiating, despite Tmac 7 of 22, despite missed layups and turnovers, the Rockets lost by three points, on the road, against a Mavericks team that was playing well.

All this, down by three points, and McGrady still had the ball in his hands at the buzzer with a chance for the tie.

We're doing all of this without Juwon Howard!

This team is awesome, guys. I've got some complaints, but we are taking it right at a team with at least double the talent. Heart, preparedness, great coaching and team play are keeping us right in there. They should be mentally stronger, they've had lapses in these three losses, but man, it's so great to be a Rockets fan right now.

I'm just getting started with positives here:

-Can you IMAGINE what this team is going to be like when we get a real PF? A passing PG?

-Even if we lose the series (I think we can win it!) everyone in the league knows that the Rockets are the future! Tmac and Yao are 25. It's all uphill from here, baby.

-Thanks to Les we have some huge expiring contracts on the payroll right now, and it's a win-win situation for us: they can be used as trade bait for teams that need to dump salary (and an unhappy star), or we keep it, let it expire, and get cap relief.

Want some more positives?

-Tracy Mcgrady is a GOD. He is unstoppable. Tonight was his *worst* game of the series, and his stat line reads: 25 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 2 turnovers. The media and the league are taking notice: Tracy is elevating to superstardom, he can carry a team on his back, and he can do it the right way, elevating his teammates.

-In the last two games, Yao has made very noticeable improvement on his defense of the basket vs. penetration. Instead of taking charges all the time, he's jumping, going for blocks, and getting them! He's a quick learner, and could finally be turning into a defensive force on the inside instead of just being a big guy who steps laterally into a guards' way with his arms up. More blocks, less blocking fouls.

-Yao is going for the bucket against double and triple teams instead of kicking it out every time. The aggression is there.

-The team is looking to lob the entry into Yao when he's fronted. I don't know why JVG waited this long to try. It's risky, and there were turnovers, but a new offensive arsenal opens up when we succeed in lobbing to him over the front.

-The Tmac/Yao pick and roll in the last few minutes was unstoppable! More! More!

Despite all the progress they made all season, the team continues to grow and mature before our very eyes. How fortunate are we to be fans of this team?

ROCKETS IN SEVEN!!! GO ROCKETS!!!

19. nuggien

nuggien Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I LOVE JB.

20. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

n

if you followed the wolves, you woulda noted that they played horribly as a team, and eddie G was injured. Sure he doesnt have a GREAT shot. But he can help on the boards when Yao goes for the offside block, and we all know how good he is on the offside defense himself.

the guy had 67 3's and 118 blocks in 70 games, and that too after what a little vacation that he had? if im not mistaken those are more 3 pointers than our starting pg(sura). Imagine how changed this game would be if Dirk had to gaurd Eddie way out on the 3 point line, and then turn around and have to face him on defense.