1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Laptop Power

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket Fan, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Okay, so I was using my laptop last night and it was working fine. Then I unplugged it and came back to use it later and when I plugged it into the wall later, it appears that the power cord isn't working right.

Obviously, I need the power so I can charge battery etc. Anyone have this happen before? Not sure if its the cord that runs from the plug to the ac adaptor. or the actual ac adaptor or what exactly.

2. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

and I definitely meant to post this in hangout not here!

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Your power cord sucks, do you agree?;)

4. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Get a new power cord and try that first, then otherwise there is something wrong with the AC jack in your laptop.

6. surrender

surrender Member

I don't think you're telling us the whole story here, hippie

7. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Yeah, but its a cord where like. You have the cord that goes from ac outlet on wall and has a prong type thing on the other end.. that connects to the ac adaptor thing. which then plugs into the laptop. not sure if I need the ac adaptor or the cord part... hopefully it's not something wrong with actual laptop

8. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

surrender... lol

9. surrender

surrender Member

I'm just trying to stay in the spirit of D&D :p

10. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Im just lucky I noticed the power going down. It was plugged in so I wasn't thinking anything about it until I happened to notice the battery power going down.

It was 4am and I was writing a paper due today. If I hadn't have noticed.. and it went dead without a way to turn comp back on to get the paper I wrote.. oh I'd have been screwed

11. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Is it a Dell? I just got a "Safety Advisory" notice from Dell regarding some of their laptop AC power cords.

12. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Nah, it's an HP. I'm wondering if maybe always folding the cord up to put it in my bag could have damanaged it.

I guess I should find a friend that has the same kind of power cord and try his.

13. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

should we merge this with the sad laps thread?

14. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Two ways to answer this within the confines of this thread:

1) Dont unplug that laptop!!!! If you leave it plugged in, eventually God (or an IT guy) will bring it back. Who are you to play God? It could come back to life any minute now.

2) If the laptop is fried, let it pass with dignity. Its obviously your laptop's time to go. Pull out the cord and see what happens. What were your laptops wishes?

15. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

mateo... LOL

I think the actual laptop is fine because it works on battery power..

A few times in the past I had to kind of turn the cord when I pugged it in to get it to work.. so maybe its a bad cord.. but yeah i bought the laptop last year so ill prob just try a new cord.

16. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

After consideration, I think my laptops wishes were for me to stop expecting it to be ready everytime I decide to wait and end up doing an all nighter to get something done.

maybe I can blame the plug it was plugged into :)

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

All your base belong to me!

Die Die Die! It's reliants fault! I hope the Kean party wins it all!

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

i'm sure the neo cons are responsible for the failure of said power cord

and the leftist libs are sure the war in iraq is the reason there aren't enough resources to fix said cord

I'd personally blame Ross Perot, George Bush, Bill Clinton and W in that order

19. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

lol, I've slept probably less than 10 hours in the last week.. but I can always count on this place for good laughs!