1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Population Control, D&D

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pirc1, Apr 12, 2005.

1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

The main reason for the huge population increase in China and many devloping nations is that the average life span of people have increased so much. What will happen if the life span average increase another 20-30 years? How will the world handle this.

2. davidwu

davidwu Contributing Member

It doesn't matter to me, or here, but I guess it does matter if it's in the congressional hearing. :D

Anyway, before 80s, I would say it's more like promotion of planned birth, or birth control by choice, no force what's so ever to my knowledge. It was basically some free distributed booklets and condoms. Especially if a long-separated couple reunited for a short period (very common in 70s and 80s in china that a couple work hundreds miles away for years), somebody in your community would come and hand out some condoms as gifts. Many people born in 70's like me have played with blown up condoms as a toy. Poor me, it would be years when I realized what it was. :rolleyes:

From where I grew up, mid 80s was when it's tightening up.

#82 davidwu, Apr 14, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  3. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I doubt it because wouldn't he be more aggessive in the low post if he did.

I bet Karl Malone ate dead fetuses. ;)

4. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Sorry it took me awhile to search for your post...

This site has a bunch of questions to a priest about NFP...
    http://www.ewtn.com/vexperts/forum11.htm

This one is good for the Billings Method of NFP
    http://www.woomb.org/

There are three basic types of NFP I think, the Billings, Sympto-thermal, and the Creighton Model...

My class is over the Sympto-Thermal, which charts three things to monitor a women's fertility rate, mucus, temperature, and cycle length (I think crap I need to study up more).

Hope those two help.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Seems like a souped up version of Rhythm, with a little Rhyme busted in; anyway let me tell you nothing puts me in the mood more than charting the vaginal mucus patterns of a hot piece of ass.

6. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I once had a professor at Vandy say that the downfall of America would occur when the stupid people kept reproducing and the smart people kept squeezing out only one kid per couple.

He said the only saving grace is that sometimes genetics throws the monkey wrench at you and two idiots give birth to a genuis.

Unfortunately, that genius is stuck watching "American Idol" and NASCAR in backwater, BFE and never gets the opportunity to shine. :D

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

H.W. Bush has a pretty large clan.

8. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

mateo.. lol. sounds like an interesting professor

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I had heard of forced abortions in China, but not late term (maybe I tuned it out), and certainly not children being tied to beds and starved to death. I'm having a difficult time believing that one. Maybe some sickos in isolated incidences? We have wack jobs here in the States that have done some bizarre things.

I know it's come up in Congress, but MFN for China wasn't something I had a lot of interest in. I'm more interested now. It's hard to go to Wal-Mart and not notice 3 out of 4 items for sale seemingly coming from the PRC.

What's strange from my perspective is how it reminds me a little of Rome, in it's decline, paying off some Visigoths, and the Visigoths turning around and using the gold to buy arms, until they're able to sack Rome. (hey, if it wasn't the Visigoths, then insert appropriate barbarian group!) I know the Chinese are as far removed from barbarians as you could get, and there is no reason we should come into conflict, except for this large island off the coast... Tie One On, or something like that. Anyway, China buys billions in arms from Russia, and whoever else will sell to them, and how do they get the money? Whoops!

I don't know what made me think of that... Wal-Mart??

Don't go "ballistic" on me, Chinese friends, I'm just pondering silly things.

Keep D&D Civil!!

10. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

The one child policy is a correction by the Chinese government, on the good mother policy. Mao initially believed people is power and rewarded large families with benefits (I really haven't met anyone my parents age that was in a family with < 4 children, insane I know but ture). Then cultural revolution happened because he realised the cities are over crowded and he needed to send people to the the country side. Then they had to have the one child policy to correct the earlier mistake.

However, though I think it's a cruel law, it's a neccessary law. And these days, it's a law that's being laxed, especially to families are rich. enough and that can afford to send their kids abroad.

Lastly, I have a questin for most Americans, if it's a choice between continuation of one child policy (especially the bible touting right wingers) or allowing a mass influx of immigrants from China, what would you choose? I'm a cold hearted b*stard that says let them die in the womb but what about you guys? If you feel that it's a Chinese problem and the U.S. shouldn't deal with it, then I feel that China is dealing with it in the only way they're capable of doing so. If you are not willing to be part of the solution if it calls for personal sacrifise, don't have the holier than thou attitude.

#90 wizkid83, Apr 14, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  11. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Thanks for the info twhy. Being single and until I actually plan on having kids I think I'll stick to condoms and spermicidal gel for now. I don't think any of the woman I've dated recently would care for taking their mucus temp.