1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Playoff Predictions...

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Jan 4, 2001.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Let's see who can, eerily, predict what might happen in the games this weekend.

Titans 27 Ravens 20
    bold prediction: The Titans pass more than they run the first quarter. Although ineffective with the pass early, they stick with it, and eventually complete some big plays in the 2nd quarter. Hitting Mason on a 27 yard strike for T.D. and Pickens for 49 yards setting up a FG. These two plays put the Titans out in front 20 - 10 at the half.
    My Nostradamus moment: Wychek gets hit in the head with a pass at 12:04 in the third. At that momment, oddly, Wychek is in the only sunny part of the field.

Phiadelphia 28 Giants 7
    bold prediction: The Eagles win the toss and drive down the field for a quick touchdown on a short 2 yard run. They score on their first two possessions of the second half to go out 28-0. the Giants loan T.D. comes with 2 minutes 16 seconds left in the game on a Collins screen pass for 6 yards.
    My Nostradamus moment: The Eagles return the opening kickoff to the 36 yard line. The returner slips and falls down.

Vikings 35 Saints 17
    bold prediction: The Vikings draw the Saints into a lull in the first quarter, pounding them with in-effective runs and punts, and then they open it up with 3 minutes left in the first quarter. Hitting short pass after short pass. They go up at the half 21 -14.
    My Nostradamus moment: The Saints will get royally screwed on an instant replay with 3:03 left in the third quarter.

Oakland 34 Miami 16
    bold prediction: The Raiders tension loosens up in the second half, as they surge back from a 13-7 deficit after an interception at the Miami 34 yard line. The pound it into the zone and slowly pull away late in the third.
    My Nostradamus moment: Lamar Smith strangely doesn't come out of the lockerroom at halftime. The sun shines in the first half, but not in the second.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

[This message has been edited by PhiSlammaJamma (edited January 04, 2001).]

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My Nostradomus Moment : PSJ loses his job at Nostradomus Moment Inc.

------------------
    "Its a good thing they don't make posters of European players"

-Walt Williams after getting "posterized" by Zan Tabak .

3. Steve_Francis_rules

I wouldn't mind if all those predictions came true.

------------------

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Titans 16 Ravens 10

Close game throughout but Tennessee's defense and clutch play in the 4th quarter will pull out a close one.

Eagles 24 Giants 13

I still don't believe in the Giants. The Eagles and McNabb lost twice in the season, but as we all know, its hard to beat a team three times in a year, and McNabb is a totally different player now. The Giants simply aren't that talented, and the Eagles are prepared for a rough game outdoors.

Saints 38 Vikings 28

This is the year for the Saints. They will go into the Metrodome and get it done. The Vikings D is even more porous than the Rams, and Culpepper is also under 100%. The Vikings may be at home, but they are slipping, and the Saints are rising. New Orleans gets a lead in the 2nd quarter and never relinquishes it. Upset city.

Raiders 24 Dolphins 19

A closer game than some expect with Miami's strong D and running game. But the home field and explosive offense gives the Raiders the edge when it counts.

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier and Mo Taylor fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

5. Steve_Francis_rules

It doesn't really matter who wins any games except Baltimore v. Tennessee.
    Every team but the Titans are playing for second place. [​IMG]

------------------

6. Steve_Francis_rules

you were pretty close with that vikings score. So far you're 2 for 2. I hope you get both tomorrow too.

------------------

7. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

EAgles win the toss huh ? That is a bold prediction.

------------------
    "We don't have any plans. We just plan to win." Mack Brown

8. Steve_Francis_rules

Well, no more titans. Just another year of NFL disappointment.

------------------

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Oh yeah, did I mention, Del Greco will royally screw up!

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Sorry dude, but as an ex diehard Oiler fan, I couldn't be happier with the outcome of yesterday's Ravens-Titans game. I hope Bud Adam's pacemaker went on the fritz when Ray Lewis ran for the touchdown on the interception. I have nothing but the middle finger salute for Bud "Worst toupee in history" Adams!

------------------
    "Blues is a Healer"
    --John Lee Hooker