1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lynn Swann for Governor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Mar 18, 2005.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

oh oh oh oh my turn! my turn!

-An "honorable" discharge
    -A coke habit
    -An undistinguished run holding the weakest governorship in America
    -A rich, powerful family

See, isn't petty politics fun? Haven't you and I just advanced the debate in this country even further? We deserve a medal or something.. unless it's a purple heart, cause those things don't mean ****.

2. Troy McClure

Troy McClure Member

Uhhh yeah.... over TWO DECADES of work in government. Experience as a district attorney. and ACTUAL military experience IN COMBAT.

Yeah, thats so unqualified....

3. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Pardon me for asking this but does anyone know where Swann stands on issues and what his platform is going to be?

We now return you to scheduled partisanship..

4. Troy McClure

Troy McClure Member

Whats the partisanship? I dont know how my asking about his qualifications has anything to do with partisanship... ( Im saying this whether you were talking about me or not)

Swann has no qualifications to be the governor of an entire state. Maybe 1/3 of a retirement community, but not a state.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

...during saturdays in the fall, on the sidelines.

6. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Wouldn't that be sundays?

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

nope, he's a college football guy. On that note, I think the democrats should run Jill Arrington or Melissa Stark against him, in order to create a more "professional" vibe.

8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and the libertarians joe namath...