1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gerry Hunsicker On Jim Rome..

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rockets R' Us, Dec 13, 2000.

1. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

I saw the ending of the show and apparently Gerry was on there along with Jim Hart (Clevland Indians GM) and they were discussing major league baseball's salaries. Anyone catch the show? If you did, where there any good points or anything? Did Gerry act like the big boys with the big bills were ruining the league and not allowing him to sign anybody because he was too cheap? [​IMG]

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

2. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I caught that show tonight. It was actually really good. Basically, the Hun was sayin' that this is getting out of control and baseball can't continue like this. They also talked about how smaller market teams can't survive and may go bankrupt and how it's bad for the sport.

He did mention something that 'stros fans may note -- Hun said that he was also worried about teams going into debt to sign players and then the team having probs paying its bills. The team can't afford the player, but they sign him because of fan pressure of needing to contend, so they do something just to make the fans happy, regardless if it the team loses tons of money.

------------------
    "I am who I am, who I am, well who am I?" -- Dave Matthews Band "Dancing Nancies"

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I know this is offtopic, but thanks RM95 [​IMG]

------------------
    "I am who I am, who I am, well who am I?" -- Dave Matthews Band "Dancing Nancies"