1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boxing fans................

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by gr8-1, Nov 28, 2000.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I know it's tough to be one these days, but there's a great fight this weekend. Vargas vs Trinidad. I believe both are undefeated, and both hit very hard.

Who's gonna win ? I'm rooting for Felix, but I think Vargas may knock him out in 9 rounds or less.

------------------
    "There are two players carrying the Rockets right now. Hakeem and Olajuwon." Isiah Thomas

2. Hydra

Hydra Member

Lennox Lewis ruined boxing, IMHO. What a chicken-****.

------------------
    Don't come in Bullard's house!

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Hydra -- how so?

------------------
    "It's a great idea. A girl's name for a guy and lots of theatrics. I wish I'd thought of that."
    --Alice Cooper discussing Marilyn Manson

4. gr8-1

Please elaborate.

------------------
    "There are two players carrying the Rockets right now. Hakeem and Olajuwon." Isiah Thomas

5. Hydra

Hydra Member

He doesn't want to fight anyone. He sticks out his arm so that no one can get inside and tries to win by decision every time. I enjoyed the Holyfield and Tyson championships more because these guys would really go out and try to knock people out. Depending on your reach all of the time like Lewis just shows me that he is afraid to mix it up with guys. The only fighters worth watching anymore are Roy Jones Junior and Prince Naseem Hamed(sp?). Those two will go out to knock their opponent out. Although I do think RJ needs to drop back down to the lighter weight class.

------------------
    Don't come in Bullard's house!

6. gr8-1

You may be right Hydra. But, I don't see anyone out there that can beat him.

------------------

7. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I don't know, but I certainly enjoy watching Prince Naseem Hamed fight! What an arrogant little bloke he is. But he sure is entertaining!

Watch him next time, he fights on Showtime!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

That is going to be one bad ass fight. I say Felix in a decision over Vargas. When was the last time a good fight actually had a knockout [​IMG]?

------------------
    SUCK POLICE!!!!!!

To point out individuals or teams that have managed to reach the pinnacle of SUCKINESS!!!!!
    -
    Tonights winner (loser actually) are are own beloved Rockets!!!!!!!