1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Midseason Awards

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Puedlfor, Oct 30, 2000.

1. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Halfway through the season and I felt like handing out awards so w/o further ado --

Most Valuable Player - Marshall Faulk : Is the grease that keeps the well oiled machine in St. Louis running smooth.
    Offensive POY - Marshall Faulk : Putting up ridiculous numbers
    Defensive POY - La'Roi Glover : Barely edges out Sapp as leader of best defense in league.
    Offensive ROY - Mike Anderson : No one stands out, but Anderson has had a pretty good year.
    Defensive ROY - Darren Howard : Has made immediate impact on previously anemic defense.
    Coach of the Year - Jim Haslett : Who Dat? Dennis Green would be a good choice, but Haslett has taken a team that was absolutely pitiful last year and made them a legit playoff contender.

------------------
    Who would've thought Don Nelson would pass up Olumide Oyedeji not once, not twice, but thrice?

2. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Player I want to clone award : Damien Woody, then Bledsoe would never get sacked. [​IMG]

------------------
    please venture to atheistalliance and rocketsonline
    I AM SPARTACUS
    Bush and Gore make me want to Ralph
    votenader.com

[This message has been edited by DEANBCURTIS (edited October 30, 2000).]

3. SJSLAX82

SJSLAX82 Member

I agree, but maybe Sapp for Defensive POY and MAYBE Randy Moss for Offensive POY.

------------------
    SJSLAX82

Visit my site
    Blast Off

4. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Most Valuable Player: Peyton Manning
    Offensive POY: Marshall Faulk
    Defensive POY: Derrick Brooks
    Offensive ROY: Sylvester Morris
    Defensive ROY: Brian Urlacher
    Coach of the Year: Al Groh

------------------

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

MVP-Warner
    OPOY-Garcia
    DPOY-Glover
    OROY-Morris
    DROY-Brown
    Coach-Haslett

------------------
    When you make an assumption, you make an ass out of yourself and umption.

visit www.swirve.com

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Most Valuable Player -Marshall Faulk , he is the Best player in the NFL he makes the Rams what they are .

Offensive POY - see #1

Defensive POY - Hugh Douglas , Eagles Glover is a fine player but Douglas will edge him out in the sack department and he is a better tackler than Glover .

Offensive ROY - Sebastian Janikowski - just kidding [​IMG] If Ron Dayne gets 1000 yards he gets it for sure , Mike Anderson wont be recognized if the Broncos fall out of Playoff contention

Defensive ROY - Sheesh who do you pick here? Courtney Brown has been getting man handled by offensive lineman , Corey Simon hasn't been playing his best , I give it to

Coach of the Year - If the Saints keep winning Haslet gets it easily , If the Saints stumble its a dead heat between Jon Gruden , Dennis Greene ,and Mike Martz who all have guided their teams to 7-1 records at this point .

------------------
    This signature space for rent call 555 ...

7. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

MVP: Marshall Faulk
    Offensive POY: Marshall Faulk
    Defensive POY: Warren Sapp
    Coach of the Year: Dave Wannstedt-He gets the most he can out of his players--who would have thought the Dolphins would be winning the AFC East? Most people had them picked near last (including me).

Super Bowl Pick--Colts vs Rams

------------------
    Jazzkiller