1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football National Title Picks

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by The Cat, Oct 8, 2000.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

With all the games that have gone on the first 5 weeks, it seems we've finally got a grip on a lot of the questions going into the season. In addition, 1 or 2 one loss teams may get to play for the title it seems like. Anyway, knowing what we know now, who do you think will be playing for the national title in the Orange Bowl come January 2, and who do you think will win? My pick:

Kansas State vs. Miami

Kansas State National Champions

Who do you guys like now?

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com
    http://www.noarena.net

2. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

hey Cat, I know this is totally off topic, but, are you a supporter for no new arena since you have the link in your signature?

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

4. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

NoArena.Net is my site making fun of the NoArena.com folks. I was bored one night and had an extra couple of bucks burning a hole in my pocket. NoArena.Net is actually a Pro-Arena site.

(And I feel honored to have one of my sites in someone else's signature).

------------------
    Houston Sports Board
    DFW Sports Board

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The national title will not be decided at the Orange Bowl on Jan 3rd.

It will be decided on Nov 11th where there is potentially a chance of 1 Nebraska vs 2 Kansas State. The winner of this game will go on to KC, whip up on Texas or OU, and have a pretty good shot in Miami.

------------------

6. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Nebraska hasn't always played inspired, but by the end of the year they will be rolling.
    So Nebraska will win, unless FSU manages to get in the #2 slot.

Don't count out the Fightin Gobblers either, although Miami gets them at home. I don't think either Tech or Miami can hang with Nebraska, though I would like either team over K State because of better big game experience. K States best team was 2-3 years ago, and they blew it against the Aggies.

If Miami and FSU both run the table and OSU loses (they probably will), it will be real interesting to see which 10-1 team gets the shot at the Big 12 winner. Miami would have had to beat Tech, FSU would have had to beat Clemson and Florida. I guess it would come down to the BCS formula, gotta love it [​IMG]

To conclude, it is obviously way to early to know and a ton of stuff can still happen. I like Nebraska to win though, unless FSU manages to get to the #2 seed--which is less of an outside chance than may believe if they take care of their own business.