1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Everett: "Jeff Bagwell Wants to Play for Boston"

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by countingcrow, Sep 28, 2000.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Carl Everett's an idiot. I'm personally happy that we got rid of his cancer ass. If he would've just kept his mouth shut this season, the Red Sox would be going to the playoffs.

Bagwell will be an Astro for life, Dierker will be gone (hopefully), Hampton will return and the Stros will as well to the playoffs.

[​IMG]

------------------
    Cheerleaders are just dancers who've gone r****ded.

visit www.swirve.com

3. PhiSlammaJamma

It wouldn't surprise me to see him leave for Boston, but I think he is committed to Houston. He and Biggio seem to be connected at the hip. As long as Houston brings in some talent I'd guess he is going to stay. He's loyal and I think that will carry over. Alou wants to stay too so that helps. At Enron field he can put numbers up that may never be matched by a first baseman. I hope he stays. Greatest player in Astros History and greatest first baseman ever, but he deserves to be on a winner.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

4. dc sports

dc sports Member

That's interesting.

"...I never criticize anyone..."
    "...I blame it all on the media..."

------------------
    Stay Cool...

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

After Carl's season of being in the news more for his mouth than for his bat, I wouldn't put much stock in anything he has to say.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Rocketman95:

You and I think alike (for what that's worth). When I first saw the heading of the post, my immediate reaction was "Everett is an idiot". Sounds to me like Everett is tampering, perhaps he ought to be fined and suspended. Everyone remembers the play Walt Weiss made on Eusebio's smash up the middle with the bases loaded and 1 out in game 3 of the Braves series last year. It was Everett who popped out with the bases loaded and 0 outs.

------------------

7. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

Everett, what a f*****! Bags is a Stro, will be a Stro, and always will kick Boston's ass! Go 'stros!

Overview of Boston and Houston:

PITCHING

BOSTON

ACE
    Pedro Martinez - will be a burnout next season.

HOUSTON

ACE
    Scott Elarton - will continue to improve and break Hampy's team record

ADVANTAGE: Boston, for now

<hr>

BOSTON

BULLPEN ACE
    Derek Lowe - one year wonder

HOUSTON

BULLPEN ACE
    Billy Wagner - will bounce back next year.

ADVANTAGE: Houston

<hr>

BOSTON

ALL STARS
    Nomar Garciaparra - is due to tear his hamstring, will soon be a 5HR/55RBI pathetic lead-off guy.
    Carl Everett- Will cry when Bags signs extension with 'Stros, and will remove all the chalk from the batter's box.

HOUSTON

ALL STARS
    Jeff Bagwell - You know
    Richard Hidalgo - Boy, he'll just get better.

ADVANTAGE: Houston

<hr>

BOTTOM LINE:

Sox will regret trading Adam Everett, kid's got range......

[This message has been edited by RKMAN (edited September 29, 2000).]

8. Nomar

Nomar Member

Hey RKMAN!!! YOURE AN IDIOT!!!!!!!
    Pitching:
    Boston: Pedro, is the best pitcher in baseball. Boston will get Mussina this year. Then Tomo Ohka is one of the best young pitchers in the league. Ramon is a solid5. Arrojo will bounce back to be the best 4 in the league.

Houston:
    Elarton. Reynolds. Lima. Bottom Line, it doesnt matter who pitches in that toy field. Its like that Triple play 99 commercial. "Weve sent Elarton, Reynolds, Lima, and theyre still coming!! Wagner has no Chance!!!"

Offense:
    Nomar is the best player in the game. Period.
    Varitek, Bagwell, Offerman, Nomar, Valentin, O'Leary, Everett, Nixon is solid.

Houston has Ward, Bigio, Everett, Hidalgo, Cedeno, and a bunch of holes.

Plus. Fenway vs. Eight-Run. Dont worry about it. Advantage Boston.
    ------------------
    Starting at shortstop, for the Houston Astros, Nomar Garciaparra.
    or
    Starting at First Base, for the Boston Red Sox, Jeff Bagwell!!!

[This message has been edited by Nomar (edited September 28, 2000).]

9. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

While I sympathize with your dilemma, being a red sox fan and all. They are self-destruting and there is nothing you can do about. Pedro, while being one of the most dominate pitchers in baseball for the last few years, he cannot do it all by himself and he has shown signs of wear and tear recently. You see he only pitches every 5th day. What about the other 4? Pray for rain?

I would stack Hidalgo up against Carl(loud mouth)Everitt any day of the week and after that, what have you got? The Astros have Bags and The bosox have Nomar. OK we are still even. Now comes to the rest, Alou, Berkman, and Ward. The Bosox are hard pressed to match that with what they have left. Look at the stats.Wagner is twice the closer that Lowe is simply from the fact that he has done it successfully for more than 1 year. I think the teams are closely matched but the edge most go to the Astros.

As for your comment about Mussina, where are you going to get the money to sign him. He wants 15 mill per year, isn't that more than Pedro gets...he will not like that at all. [​IMG]

------------------
    Houston Rockets Forever!!
    In Rudy We Trust

[This message has been edited by Dennis2112 (edited September 29, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dennis2112 (edited September 29, 2000).]

10. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Nomar may not even be the best shortstop in his own division, much less best player in the game. I'd take A-rod over him, anyday.

------------------
    "Well, I don't know what I received my honorary degree in, but judging by the fine sisters in the crowd, I hope it is gynecology." Mike Tyson speaks to the crowd after receiving his honorary degree from a college in Ohio.

11. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

Hey Nomar, those Boston beans gettin to ya? [​IMG]

------------------
    RKMAN

Proud believer of the 2001 World Champion Houston Astros.

12. Nomar

Nomar Member

Hey Dennis. Im self-destruting??? right. okay. Anyway, fine stack Hidalgo agains Everett. And even Bags against Nomar, (even though Nomar is only 26). Alou, Berkman, Ward vs. Valentin, Offerman, O'Leary, Nixon, Daubach. And Dante Bichette. then you say Wagner is better than Lowe because of the past. But Lowe is better now. Pedro makes about 15mil a year. I think, if we get Mussina, Pedro would be very happy to have the best 1-2 combo in the league.

Great one, fine i exaggerated about Nomar. But he is the best shortstop. He is a better defender than A-Rod, and a better hitter. In fact, if you look at nomar's stats, he isnt far behind in power either. He had 30+ homers last year. I would take Nomar over a=rod anyday.

RKMAN, the beans are getting to me? your the one that said that Nomar will be a pathetic 5hr/50ribbie lead off hitter. rigggght. He finished second in AL MVP balloting his SECOND SEASON!!!!

------------------
    Starting at shortstop, for the Houston Astros, Nomar Garciaparra.
    or
    Starting at First Base, for the Boston Red Sox, Jeff Bagwell!!!