1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shawn Kemp

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Steve_Francis_rules, Jun 23, 2001.

1. Steve_Francis_rules

I've always liked Kemp, and I would love to see him bounce back from the last few disappointing seasons.

------------------

2. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

What's TAC?

------------------
    The world is divided into two groups of people: Those who try to divide everyone into two groups, and those who don't.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I hope he gets back into the league for his many illegitimate children. I hope the child support comes right out of his pay check.

------------------

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

TAC is an offseason training program. It's an acronym for something . . . dunno what. Anyhow, it's a big (I think it's only in Texas, but it may be in more places) program administered at certain locations. It's a very intense training regimen.

How many kids do you think Shawn Kemp has?

------------------
    CC.net's most courteous driver

Oh yeah, and I'm looking for a job right now, so hire me please :)

5. Vengeance

More info on TAC: It stands for "The Athlete's Course" and it's a nationwide thing.

------------------

6. ScreamingRocketJet

Cocaine abuse would breach his contract, right?

If so...this may have been the ONLY way his contract wasn't going to be ripped up...

------------------

7. Vengeance

He's working out with John Lucas right now at Strake Jesuit. Word is that he's lost 30 to 40 pounds, and he's getting into mad shape. Lucas says that Portland will have a new player next year in Kemp, and he seems to be very committed. My brother's doing TAC over there, and he sees Kemp working out every day. He says that Shawn is really strong, and is looking more cut than he has in recent years.

Anyhow, just passing the word. I honestly hope Kemp does turn it around. It would suck in that Portland will be a better team, but I would just like to see him become the dominant player he used to be. He was on the verge of being considered among the best PFs in NBA history.

------------------