1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Vince ever be a Rocket?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PinetreeFM60, Jun 21, 2001.

Tags:
  1. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Cat's thread go me thinking about this.

Is it possible that Vince could become a Rocket in the next two years?

I'd like to hear some opinions of why he might or might not. Just moving to Texas would give him a take home of about 20% more.

------------------
    "We're having a pretty good time considering one day we're all going to die." Steve Martin, 1976

2. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

In all likelyhood, probably not. I don't think we will have the caproom, and I don't think Vince wants to share the spotlight with Mobley and Francis, and I don't think he would want to give up the ball in the final minute and let Mobley win the game for us.

------------------
    "I always thought it was something that went around my house"
    - World B. Free on Defence

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

maybe, maybe no [​IMG] ........yea, still can't get over it.

------------------
    Rarely is the question asked: Guns kill squirrels than REDRUM to fools across the nation?

4. Toast

Toast Member

After this season he becomes a free agent. If we haven't spent all that caproom we've made to try to get Webber, it's conceivable that he could be interested in the Rockets. I've kinda pushed for the idea among my own circle of friends, but no one thinks it's very likely.

------------------
    Founding Father of the
    Refs Suck Club

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I wouldn't want that punk.

6. franchise_3

franchise_3 Member

carter will never come here as long as Mobley and Francis are here

he wants to be on a team where its known for his team

------------------
    ***FRANCHISE***

7. verse

verse Contributing Member

vince gets such a bad rap it's ridiculous.

the olympic thing was not his best moment, granted. but he had an exemplary season this year - regular and postseason. he took the next step to superstardom.

punk? please. no on court or off the court problems in the nba for vince carter. try again.

8. franchise_3

franchise_3 Member

who else is gonna be the MAN in torotno?
    Charles oakley?

im not saying he has to be the man but face the facts he wont be a rocket

he has to share so much ball, and could the rockets afford him next year?

------------------
    ***FRANCHISE***

9. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

The only scenario by which I could envision Vince becoming a Rocket would be if the Rockets do not sign a Webber or make a blockbuster trade this year, and therefore have cap space opening up next year. Not likely.

------------------
    "We're having a pretty good time considering one day we're all going to die." Steve Martin, 1976

10. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

He gets a bad rap because he's an ass. I have a cousin in Toronto who used to work for a sports radio station (she can get me free courtside tickets!) and had numerous dealings with Vince for interviews, advertising segments, etc.. Apparantly, he's a real prick off the court. Very egotistical and arrogant.

No, he hasn't done anything horrible like raping a 14 year-old or impersonating a police officer, but he still has a piss-poor attitude.

That's why he's a punk.

------------------
    All hail Fadeaway's Cyberfish -- your 2000-2001 BobFinn* Fantasy Basketball League Champions!

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Only way the Rockets would have that kind of cap room is if they only sign FAs this summer to one year deals, giving us the same amount of money next offseason as this. We would probably be a possibility, but I'm not too sure the Rockets would really pursue him. The only way I see it being done is if Mobley is traded sometime before then.

------------------
    Who needs teachers? I can learn my own self.

12. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

It was Jamison, not Rasheed. [​IMG]

------------------
    "I look kind of dumpy. Look at my butt. And what kind of shoes do they have me wearing? At least they got the chinstrap beard right."
    -Kevin Garnett on the KG bobblehead dolls during KG bobblehead doll night at the Target Center

13. franchise_3

franchise_3 Member

Rasheed was drafted in like 93 or 94 or somewhere there

------------------
    ***FRANCHISE***

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Who's to say the Rockets wouldn't be Vince's team if he were to come? He'd certainly be our top-scorer. He would make Mobley a redundency.

------------------
    RealGM
    Gafford Art
    Artisan Cakes

15. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Are these guys really so ego-driven about being THE MAN? I thought the bug up their rear-end was about WINNING.

------------------
    "How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak. Because someday you will have been all of these."

16. verse

verse Contributing Member

when did vince ever imply he had to be THE MAN?

at north carolina, he didn't cry about "having to be the man". rasheed was the man.

in toronto, he hasn't cried about "having to be the man". tracy mcgrady has done that.

so where and when did vince do this? or did he change his name to vincetriloquist?