1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

News Flash press conf

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rocketlaunch, Dec 11, 2004.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i really disliked him the last year or two as a cubbie because he looked like a whiny biatch, kinda like pau gasol. of course all the cubs do. but thinking back on his time as an astro he was one of my favorite players. so what if he pees on his hands. :)

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but the way I'm seeing things is that Clemens won't make a decision until Jan. 5 - Jan 20th . Therefore, Beltran won't necessarily sign before then as signing Clemens would bolster the chances of signing Beltran and vice versa. But, by then a lot of the stronger free agents will have latched on with other teams. Therefore, we stand to lose both Clemens to retirement and Beltran to another team while also losing out on all the other strong free agents while waiting around for both of them to make up their minds. So, we stand to go from a strong contender to a weak-ass wannabe. We are at the mercy of these guys as to whether we have money available to sign other players or not but, by the time all this gets done, all the good free agents will be gone.

Is that a correct assessment?

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Alou apparently to be a Met.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

link?

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

saw it asomewhere, either a Jersey paper or NYPost, I think.