1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Radio] Jeff Kent a Dodger

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rikesh316, Dec 9, 2004.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i would like to go on record to say i'm very, very glad we didn't match this offer. thanks for your consideration! :)

2. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I read somewhere that we offered him 7 mil.. plus bought his contract out for 700k..

we we lost him over 1.3 mil?

3. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

4. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Patterson is not a bad ball player. The idiots in Wrigley booed him last year after he struckout and the guy was batting .280 at the time. Sure he strikes out alot but he can steal bases and has good power for a leadoff guy.

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I love Kent and what he brought, but that is a hell of a lot of money for an older, not as mobile 2nd baseman...I would kill for the Soriano deal to come through...

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding! :eek:
    The money being offered to players is just obscene.

7. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Kent will struggle offensively in that huge ballpark in LA-LA land.