1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free Baseball Card Price Guide?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 14, 2000.

Tags:
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

Anybody know where there is one on the net? I saw where the big companies make you think you can get one for free, but not really.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Phi- The best i have found is tuffstuffonline.com they give you modest listings of most sports cards

------------------
    Will Work for Clutch 101 Book

3. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I think it's free to register with Beckett Online. I did that once, about three years ago, to see how much an Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card was worth.

The answer? Not as much as I probably anticipated when I got it at the age of 15. I have a vague recollection of the fantasy of being a millionaire at this point thanks to my hundreds of Donruss Rated Rookie cards. Yes, truly, Gregg Olson and Sandy Alomar Jr-- not to mention Gary Sheffield and Gregg Jefferies-- would make me rich.

------------------
    You bring the bullets, I'll bring the wine.

[This message has been edited by BrianKagy (edited July 14, 2000).]

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Not bad moe. That was pretty good. I've got a lot of checking up to do...I've got some good ones I held onto.

I don't have much good, but some of these might be worth something.

Ok, before looking here are what I considered some of my sweetest deals as a kid.

Pippen Fleer rookie for jordan of the same year and brand.

Ryan- Last year on Mets for $55 and Palmeiro Rated Rookie.

McGwire Olympic card for Will Clark Rookie Topps.

Cal Ripken Rookie card for Darryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden rookies.

Worst deals:
    Gave up Karl Malone (Fleer rookie) for crapola! I didn't know man.

Traded for a lot of Eric Davis. Sone of a gun.

Gave up Sean Kemp rookie for Xavier McDaniel.

I got tore up on Fred McGriff Rookies. I Thought he would amount to nothing. Traded 'em all for Glen Davis Rookies.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Oh my god! Some of the prices have gone way way down. Skybox is killing me. Help!

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Beckett is the best but you have to pay money for online use , Phi- if you need Beckett Prices for Basketball Cards i can look them up for you

------------------

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

best trade of my life was this year
    Jonathan Bender rookie two vince carters a Chris Webber and Jason Williams for Hakeem Olajuwon Certified Autographics

------------------

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Lets see if you u all can beat this trade by me: A kid I knew loved Damon and Penny. He had a Kobe Credentials (serial #'ed to 500) worth I think 150 back in the day. I gave my entire collection up of Penny and Damon to get that card. Now that card is up to $600!!! And thats the price before they won the championship. Well I guess atleast some good came out of the Lakers winning the championship.

Hey if anyone in here has a Francis SPX autograph rookie that u are willing to trade or sell please let me know.

------------------

9. DUDE

DUDE Member

Early in the 90s, I traded my LEaf David Justice, which at the time was about $50, now it is $4, for a Sammy Sosa leaf and some other cards. I havent looked them up but I think I got a better deal [​IMG]

Wade Boggs rookie for a Mark McGwire rookie. This is back when Wade's card was worth something.
    I am also betting on the Griffeys to make me a millionaire. I got about 15 of his Upper Deck rookies. All, in what I call MINT condition.
    I dont care for him as a player that much, but I have a hard time rooting against him [​IMG]

------------------
    "Her Box Started Buzzing Ever Since She Heard The CRÜE"

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Shoot i opened 25 packs of SP Authentic for 6.50 a pack thrashing through them trying to get the Francis rookie Worth $600 I came up with Chucky Atkins Rookie Andre Miller Rookie and an Antawn Jamison SIgn of the times autograph

------------------

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ive got a crap load of Barkleys The Miller Rookie was worth 80 bucks

------------------

12. Dirt

Dirt Member

tavern-
    Sheesh.......that's not much bang for your buck!!!

Did you get any Barkleys out of it you want to trade?

------------------

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

hey moe u did better then i did. like two weeks ago i went to a card show in that braeswood convention hotel. I bought a freakin box of SPX for 150 bucks. The best fu@king card i got was some stupid rookie on the hawks, worth 15 bucks. That was the most expensive card I got out of the whole freaking box. I guess I aint buying boxes for a while now.

------------------

14. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

My Chuck collection is exstensive (355). I usually just buy the cards but sometimes me and my friends will play horse for them. My best deal was when I hit a 35ft shot for a Bark Thrill Seekers and a Dream Dish and Swish. [​IMG] Although I once lost a Jordan Warp Speed on a top of the key shot. [​IMG]

------------------
    please venture to atheistalliance and rocketsonline
    I AM SPARTACUS

15. Dirt

Dirt Member

DB Curtis- I have roughly 360 different Barkley cards,probably 500-600 in all. I also have almost all of his SLU's. What I really want is an autographed Barkley basketball!!!

tavern- I guess you did'nt do too bad after all. I just got an Ultra box+got Francis,Brand+Szerbiak RC's.

If anyone is interested in trading,drop me a line. I have a Dream RC+2nd year card I'd consider trading.

------------------

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well my luck changed i just bought 4 packs of Stadium club chrome and pulled a Francis Rookie , My Hakeem Olajuwon Collection is mostly common set cards , i have a 9 card page holder with 9 Olajuwon cards worth about 170 dollars , i have 270 cards in all no doubles though i think one is enough , My older brother is a Sonics fan , he has 5 Shawn Kemp Autographs , like 450 different Kemps , 300 different Paytons its incredible

------------------

[This message has been edited by moestavern19 (edited July 16, 2000).]

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Here is a card collecting tradegy from my youth. I was popping out the punch holes on about 500 plastics one day. Left them all over the floor near my sofa. I was rubbing my eye afterwards and my hard contact lense fell into the pile of plastic holes I'd punched out. It looked like 1,501 contact lenses. I said F*ck, I'm never gonna find that one. That's the only lense I've ever lost in my whole life. I've found my lense in drains, on basketball courts, in my eye, in a can of soup, and what have you. That was the only lens I ever lost. Tragic.

There should be Napster for baseball cards. Who's a programmer!

------------------
    humble, but hungry.