1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you didn't know before, Mike Tyson is CRAZY

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DEANBCURTIS, Jun 25, 2000.

Tags:
  1. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Tyson is obviously one of the most classless athletes.

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

2. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

What's wrong with a heavyweight fighter being a little psycho?

At least he's channeling those energies in the right direction.

TheFreak,

You should be in jail. Not because you're crazy, but because you support infringing upon someone's right to the freedom of speech.

That "I wanna eat your children" comment was just a way of Mike expressing his desire to fight Lewis. Do you think for one second that he really wants to eat anyone's kids? If you do, then you also belong in a mental institution.

3. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

ooohhhhh both theFreak and Dreamer registered in Feb99 and that post count!!! too close to call!

fight! fight! fight!

------------------
    get it Tag, get it! - a Jazzhole asking Greg Ostertag to rebound the ball.

4. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

I always had a suspiscion about you, Achebe. And that last post confirmed it - Achebe is Don King!!!

[​IMG]

Azim da Dream

------------------
    We don't live for the destination. We live for the journey.

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Mike Tyson is a bum, plain and simple. He had it all and threw it away. He let Robin Givens and Don King get inside his head and mess him up big time. He could have been one of the greatest fighters in history. Holyfield was able to show Tyson's weakness, NO BRAIN

------------------

6. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

"Holyfield was able to show Tyson's weakness, NO BRAIN"

Hmmmm, so you need brains to qualify as a heavy weight fighter? Do you also need a college degree? Will an associates degree suffice? Or do you have to get a Masters or Doctorate? Just let us all know, so we can start judging all the other heavy weight fighters of the past, present, and future.

I do agree that Holifield is a smarter fighter than Tyson, but not a better fighter. When Tyson was under the tutelage of Cus D'Amato he was one of the most amazing offensive and defensive combinations that boxing has ever seen. When he lost Cus, he lost the person he had the most respect for and the one person who had the capability to get Tyson to listen to him. Cus was also a straight shooter who wasn't trying to use Mike. He was just trying to make him a great fighter.

"Mike Tyson is a bum, plain and simple. He had it all and threw it away. He let Robin Givens and Don King get inside his head and mess him up big time."

You come to the conclusion that Tyson is a "bum", because Robin Givens and Don King screwed him? What a load of crap. He's not extremely smart and he gets played by some manipulative people. Why does that make him less of a person?

"He could have been one of the greatest fighters in history."

He IS on of the greatest fighters in history.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

DREAMer,

I come to the conclusion that he's a bum because he's a rapist. He beats up people who he gets in a wreck with. He bites people in a boxing ring.

That's why he's a bum.

------------------
    "Go to hell Costas"-Dave Nelson after sweeping the ABSCAs on NewsRadio

visit www.swirve.com

8. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I agree with Rocketman, Tyson is trash.

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

9. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Holyfield not a better fighter??? Give me a break!!! He beat Tyson, not once, but TWICE

And yes, Brains do count in boxing also. Tyson is done, face it, move on.

------------------

10. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Rocketman95,

"I come to the conclusion that he's a bum because he's a rapist. He beats up people who he gets in a wreck with. He bites people in a boxing ring."

Well, I don't think he's a rapist.
    He didn't 'beat up' anyone in a car wreck.
    Evander Holifield also bit someone during a boxing match

DEANBCURTIS,

You seem to be very good at one line responses.

BobFinn*,

"Holyfield not a better fighter??? Give me a break!!! He beat Tyson, not once, but TWICE"

Thanks for setting me straight on Tyson's record against Holifield.

When Evander won, Tyson was no where near in championship form, and Holifield was at the top of his game. Mike and Mike's promoters made a bad choice by fighting Evander before Tyson could get into championship shape.

11. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Thank You. [​IMG]

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I agree with everything Dreamer says. And also Holifield is not exactly a fu!king saint either. His ass has how many children out of wed-lock? This hypocrite b*stard talks about living a nice Christian life while going around screwing and then not supporting his children. Tyson is freakin bad. And one day he will be the champ again.

------------------
    MANGO - Get in my BELLAY!

13. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

okay let me post a little difference here i will get slammed...iknow that... first of all i think the rape deal was a setup... easy target..i think...i mean i really dont think he did it and i really believe that it was all about money..have you read the playboy article?yeah i know he bit the guys ear..but he was under a drugged influence..they gave him enhancing drugs before the fight to put him like that (doesnt help that he is already a little off)not to forgive that just saying...he is still the best fighter of our time and the man is an animal..pure and simple..lennox lewis wont step in with him...i really believe he knows he'll get his ass handed to him..

the guy is a victim of people who take advantage of him...more than anything i feel sorry for him..robin givens..king...just leeches..the guy has been taken adavntage of and its a real shame..i feel bad for him..youshould be mad at don king not him that guy is the loser here...i think he means well and is the unforntunate victim of others selfishness..truly a sad deal..

------------------
    i am scottie brooks

14. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

sirhangover,

That's just about exactly how I see things.

But, I will admit that Tyson is no saint, just that he has been screwed around a lot in his life as well.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This guy should either be in jail, or in a mental institution. He has not changed one bit since the "ear-biting" incident. The guy almost knocked out a referee! His last fight, he hits a guy blatantly after the bell. Now, he swings around the referee, more than once, to continue hitting a guy, at one point hitting the ref in the side of the head. In the post fight interview, he says how he wants to "eat Lennox Lewis' children". What will this guy do next? We shouldn't have to find out.

------------------
    Too-Rye-Aye!

16. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I still like Mike Tyson, just not as much as before.

I do have to say, though, that people have screwed him BIG TIME in during his life. I think that takes a toll on a man eventually. The rape conviction, in my opinion, was such BS. I can't believe they can convict Mike Tyson but not OJ. All Mike had to incriminate him was a model coming forth 72 hours later and yelling rape. They found saliva in her panties that didn't even match Mikes. But OJ is free with blood all over him and his car and his bag? DNA matching OJ to the crime? Weird.

I saw the fight this weekend. I think that Tyson has a big chance to get his belt back. That crazy SOB I saw in the interview is the same one I saw back in 1988 when he was kicking big time booty. I haven't seen Tyson this intense in years. A crazy, pissed off, focused and demented Tyson? Nah, Lennox won't fight his ass now.

------------------
    I Want To Thank God For Making Me A Rocketfan

17. JCBlazersGirl33

Didn't Dream say he spoke with Tyson in his book? Or was it someone else? Is that why some ppl on this board see another side to him?

Maybe we should quit ragging on Tyson. He can't help that he's a cannibal. [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    It's an absolute warzone in my house; I live with Rocket fans, Knick fans, and Laker fans.

18. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I personally hate the guy. Yeah he's been taken advantage of, but it is up to the person inside to decide which road a person travels, not outside influences.
    The guy just seems like an idiot. He has gone from one situation to another. A few mistakes are accidents, multiple mistakes are stupidity. Yeah wisdom is not a prerequisite for a boxer, but it doesn't hurt.
    Tyson is again booking fights against stiffs so he can have one more payday vs. Lennox or maybe even Evander.
    Tyson was great now he is nothing. You can use the excuse that he fought Evander when he was out of shape but Tyson avoided Evander before he went to jail. Also remember most people thought Tyson would walk over Evander because Evander hadn't looked real good in his previous fights. Evander bullied the bully and all Tyson could do was get himself DQed so he wouldn't eat the mat, while he was able to still retain some of his mystique of being an animal. An animal that couldn't take getting beat.

------------------

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

"What's wrong with a heavyweight fighter being a little psycho?"

What? We're not talking about pro wrestling here. This is a SPORT. A boxer is the last person who needs to be "a little psycho", because he has the power to inflict some serious harm on another person. Oh, and I didn't see your post coming out in support of John Rocker's freedom of speech. "I want to eat your children" is just his way of expressing his desire to fight? I think that proves the point. Only a nut case would say such a thing.

To reiterate, Mike Tyson is crazy. There is no logical defense for him being allowed in a boxing ring. The guy is a dirty thug in the ring. He is a danger to other fighters, referees, announcers, judges, trainers, and whoever else he may come in contact with during the course of a fight. We're talking about a guy who bit someones ear off in the ring. BIT SOMEONE'S EAR OFF. He gets banned from fighting in Nevada, and then comes back and hits a defenseless guy blatantly after the bell in his next fight. In the following fight, he continues to hit a guy after the ref has already tried to step in to stop the fight, and once the ref does step in between the two fighters, this lunatic swings over and around the referee, striking his opponent AND THE REFEREE in the process. This is ridiculous. There is no defense for this type of behavior. None. And yes, he did attack 2 motorists after a car accident. If the rape charge was so bogus, with the amount of money Tyson has, he should have had no trouble buying himself a favorable verdict.

Tyson is not one of the greatest heavyweights ever. Who has he beaten? Bowe? Lewis? Holyfield? Oh, but he was in jail I guess, and couldn't fight any of them. Except for Evander, who beat him twice. Holyfield was far from at the top of his game when he fought Tyson. He was way past his prime. He had just had doctors tell him he should never fight again because of his heart. He had also just come off a pathetic victory over Bobby Czyz. The Holyfield/Tyson fights were over as soon as Tyson saw Holyfield look him in the eye and not flinch. Tyson's a big bully who relies on fear to beat his opponents. Once somebody fights back, the bully cries and goes home (or resorts to ear biting). That's what happened both times.

------------------
    Too-Rye-Aye!

20. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

hmmm... what has Tyson done?

rape a woman?
    what did he do to Robin Givens? beat her up?
    bite a portion of someone's ear off?
    am I missing half a dozen felonies here?

Mike Tyson is a disgusting human being. He should be in jail for life. Since I believe in Kant's 'categorical imperative', and all of the 'retributionist' spillover it affords, I'll be so bold as to say that the non-utilitarian (rehabilitationist) nature of the US prison system (i.e. prison rape) is perfectly appropriate for such a beast.

------------------
    get it Tag, get it! - a Jazzhole asking Greg Ostertag to rebound the ball.