1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

looking for nfl stats

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by writhe, Jun 12, 2000.

Tags:
  1. writhe

writhe Member

I'm looking for a good place to get last year's (and possibly 98 & 97) NFL stats so I can start building my draft sheet for the upcoming football season. I need the stats in some sort of raw form so they'll be easy to put into Excel. One excellent source I found for NBA stats is the following: http://home.rmi.net/~doug/

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Stats down to what level? Are you talking about things like top 10 rb's in terms of total rushing yards? Or are you looking for data in a team-by-team basis? NFL.com has a place on it where you can query data, and if you think about it, the results are easy as hell to put into Excel, but I won't go any further since that may be illegal... LOL!

As for raw data, I know of several stats agencies that will sell the data to you, but I'm not sure you want to do that.

You may want to keep an eye on this site : http://users.vnet.net/troan/football/pro/stats/
    Mr. Troan has data you can use going back to 1993, but hasn't put up 1999 stats yet.

Hope that helps at least some. [​IMG]

Doug Steele's NBA stats is what I used to create my player database for the past year. That guy does a great service for basketball fans.

------------------
    Just shut up and post

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Nfl.com should have stats until 1997

------------------
    Proud owner of 271 different Hakeem Olajuwon Basketball cards

4. writhe

writhe Member

Thanks to the good doctor.

I am looking for stats by player, much like Mr. Steele's NBA page. I've found some in the past that separated offensive players from defensive players, but I can't seem to find them now. I'll check out the NFL.com stats and maybe it won't be too time consuming to import.