1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you going to watch the World Series?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 21, 2004.

?

Well, are you?

1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    31.5%
  2. No

85 vote(s)
    68.5%
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

it was a slump. the red sox pitchers are not that great.

watching both of the starting pitchers for boston the last 2 nights...there were times when both of them were brilliant. pedro's changeup was unreal at times, for example. but there were also times they seemed very hittable...and it seemed like the Cards were being overly anxious, swinging at crap they don't normally swing at.

i agree..i thought the cards would play the sox far better. they're a much better defensive team. but, again, every team has its weaknesses. starting pitching for the cards was exposed in this series. and the red sox capitalized on that, big time.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

I can't remember a weaker performance by a team in the World Series; the Cards looked punchless, clueless and heartless. They should have forfeited the series with the Astros and let them represent the National League. I am certain that the Astros would not have "laid down" like they did. Really pathetic.