1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ken Caminiti Dies

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Rocket Fan, Oct 10, 2004.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I watched some of if on Sunday. It was basically his final days after getting out of jail and going to New York with his (toothless) lady friend. It wasn't an overly positive piece. I usually like Jeremy Schapp's reporting, but he should have just left this alone.

I didn't watch all of it because I chose to remember Camy for the good things. I wish they wouldn't have done this report and let the man lay in peace and leave his family alone. They've been through enough.

2. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Supposedly he was engaged to that woman, I dunno, that's what she said.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

straight from the Dave Bliss School of Journalism.

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

RIP...

I watched ESPN yesterday and they had a piece on his last days...weird...just that he made all this money but was living like a bum...sad...

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Isn't the autopsy overdue? Where the hell is it? I want to know how Cammy died.

6. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

He still had money. I know a guy that made custom bikes for him, as recently as a few months ago Cami bought him a custom bike worth over a 100K.

7. drapg

drapg Member

That episode of "OTL" just confirmed in my mind what a loser Cammy was.

He told his girlfriend (whom he wasn't supposed to be with)... "Man, I left my girls for you." When was was supposed to be hanging out with his daughters, he was with his druggie friends.

Ugh.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

My understanding is Cammy was a crack smoker so I have no doubts about anything he may have done which could be classified as stupid or crazy...especially if he was craving it or binging. In my old neighborhood growing up, there was a guy who was a crack smoker. To this day, he still goes through bouts where he is clean and bouts where he jumps off the wagon. He would literally disappear and spend days MIA at a crack house. His former wife had to take extraordinary actions like closing bank accounts and credit card accounts so he wouldn't spend all their money because he would spend whatever until it was gone all for crack.