1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DREAMer needs some help.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AntiSonic, Nov 18, 1999.

1. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Our old pal, DREAMer, seems to be having troubles getting onto the internet. His ISP is AOL, so he can get onto their little network but can't get on the internet. He thinks his problem has something to do with not having enough RAM. He recently downloaded a bunch of CODECS and thinks that they're draining his available memory or something.

So if you know anything about computers and can help him, just email him at:

JTull88@aol.com

or if you have AIM, message him at:

JTull88

Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by AntiSonic (edited November 18, 1999).]

2. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Thanks a million AntiSonic,

Guys, I really do need some help. I recently downloaded a bunch of CODECS for video viewing. I'm not sure if they are the problem or not, but everything started happening right after I downloaded them.

Someone mentioned that I might have two dll files running simultaneously, which could cause problems. If that is the problem, how do I remedy it?

I have 'scan disked', 'virus scanned', 'defragmented', and 'rebooted' til the cows came home. So, that's not the problem.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

3. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

DREAMer,

Check your email. Hope it helps.

MB