1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Washington Post picks Astros to win it all

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Will, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

2. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

great read...i hope he is right

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

:cool: :confused: :D

5. PhiSlammaJamma

6. fya

fya Member

No respect to the cards? Yikes.

7. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Those are exactly the kind of teams that win it all. They use the old "It's us against the world" strategy to hype them up.

I think the reason they're not getting respect is because they don't have a solid 1-2 pitching combo. Morris and Williams haven't pitched the way they used too.

But then again, it is a whole new season and that's why i 'm routing for the Dodgers. They helped us with SF, it would be nice if they could do the same with the Cards. However, i don't see that happening. Especially after today's blowout.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I couldn't agree more...The Stros' winning it all that is...:cool:

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The Washington Post is always right!

10. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

And would that mean that we lock up Beltran?

Me hopes we will.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Any team that relies as heavily on offense as the Cards are vulnerable in the playoffs. Kind of like how running teams in the NBA always get killed by slow-paced half court teams. Even the Cards get into hitting slumps, and you only need to hit badly in 4 out of 7 games to get bounced. I'm not saying the Cards will stop hitting, just that they're more vulnerable than their record suggest. Because all of their pitchers are prone to getting shelled on any given night.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Yeah, but the Cardinals pichting has been consistent all year. They haven't been shelled. So are they really vulnerable.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Their pitching overall is pretty good. Actually, quite good. But their starters have been average. Maybe "consistently" average, but average nonetheless. And these pitchers will have to face some pretty nice lineups later on.

They do have a nice bullpen(partially helped by usually getting big leads late in games). But that's not exactly important when your starters give up high number of runs.