1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Astros.com] Fans invited to 'Rally Monday'

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Blatz, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Fans invited to 'Rally Monday'
    By Alyson Footer / MLB.com

HOUSTON -- Minute Maid Park was rocking Sunday afternoon as a packed house watched the Houston Astros win their club record 18th straight home game to beat the Rockies and win the National League Wild Card.
    And the party has just begun. The celebration continues Monday, and all fans are invited -- no ticket required.

The Astros will celebrate their Wild Card berth with a free "Rally Monday" party from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. CT inside Minute Maid Park. The bash will feature live music from RCA recording artist Randy Rogers and free hot dogs, popcorn and soft drinks for all fans.

The first 600 fans will receive a free rally towel and a free MLB Authentic Collection CD. The MLB music sampler, created by Major League Baseball and Capitol/EMI Records, includes top artists such as The Beastie Boys, Lenny Kravitz, Yellowcard, Norah Jones and others.

The Astros also will be conducting a free drawing for playoff tickets and Astros memorabilia. Astros Hall of Fame broadcaster Milo Hamilton, club owner Drayton McLane and other special guests will be on hand at the rally.

Fans attending the event should enter the ballpark through the Union Station entrance on the corner of Texas and Crawford street or through the South Home Plate entrance on Texas Avenue, near the Clock Tower. Parking is free in the Astros parking lots on the east side (Highway 59 side) of the ballpark.

In celebration of the 2004 postseason, Major League Baseball has designated Oct. 4 as the first-ever Rally Monday for all eight of the postseason clubs. Rally Monday is an annual "baseball holiday" that will take place on the day prior to the start of the postseason and provide fans the opportunity to celebrate their team's entry into the playoffs.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like fun. So who's going?

2. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I'll be there, I think Dskillz will be there too. Come out and show your support if you can. Even during your lunch break. Free Parking! Free Hot Dogs! Free Soft Drinks!

3. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

Sometimes I wish I still lived in Houston...

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man, that would be fun. Too bad I am living outa town.

5. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

We went to the game yesterday, that was good enough for me.

6. edc

edc Contributing Member

I got there ~12:45. It was OK, but mostly a non-event. There should've been something going on other than long lines for free ballpark food, and a band set up around home plate.

7. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I went, got a free coke, and got t cheer on Scrap Iron. :D

For being free, it was fun. Got to talk with some 'Stros fans outside. Fun 90 minutes out of my day.