1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Changes

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Clutch, Mar 15, 2000.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

"add your signature" now defaults to on when you post and also added total # of posts and the date they registered under their username of each post...

Thanks to everyone for their comments and help -- Any suggestions or feedback, good or bad, that improve the board are definitely welcome...

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

2. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Thanks for the added features Clutch. This site is phenomenal!

------------------
    "Sources tell me that the Blazers held a team meeting after the two losses..." - "Pistol" Pete Vescey with the inside scoop.

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I gotta hand it to you clutch. Whenever you do something, you do it great. Nice job Clutch.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

4. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

5. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

Just one thing I dont like is the # of posts b/c it makes me jealous of the others b/c I am a newby on the BBS.

------------------
    ~John~
    JohnyRocket's Fan Site

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Clutch,

I don't know if this is a good idea ... now everyone is going to compete for the highest number of post, and of course, as you can already see, people will post useless GIGO babble.

------------------

7. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Clutch,

your BBS just keeps getting better and better. Did I ever mention how much I enjoy visiting CC.net? I love it!!!

see you in Chat!
    3/16 vs MIL!!
    Go Rockets....

rockHEAD

------------------

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks everyone for the comments... appreciate it.

Space Ghost --

"I don't know if this is a good idea ... now everyone is going to compete for the highest number of post, and of course, as you can already see, people will post useless GIGO babble."

Yeah, I spoke to one already on this -- you're right. The last thing I want is the BBS to become a posting contest. I'm also scared, as Johny Rocket mentioned, that newbies don't feel like posting because they have 0-10 posts to their credit.

I would love to hear everyone's opinion on that .... thanks [​IMG]

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

9. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

i love the changes cluth, kinda lets everyone know how long people have been posting etc. and as for the newbies i think it helps them out. me and a lot of other posters are more likely to take it easy on someone if we see they haven't been posting long. looks good clutch and like the auto signature thing

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"

10. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Clutch,

It would be nice if the last poster could be listed on a thread in addition to the person who started the thread. After a thread has gotten to 30 posts, the last poster becomes more important to me than the topic starter.

Mango

------------------
    It could be worse ....... you could have been born a Jazz fan!!!!

11. Mozza

Mozza Member

The number of posts doesn't bother me :)

Having read the board for a while before registering I don't think any of the users who post regularly, and therefore have the highest post counts, would clog up a board that they help make as entertaining and informative as it is for something as pathetic as the highest post count.

12. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

My feedback:

I wouldn't worry too much about a post racing comment. Remember when you post too much, everything you say will have less value. Also then that'll affect your credibility. Plus I'm sure we can all tell when someone actually spammed his way to the top. [​IMG]

BTW, I love the always show signature thingy becuase sometimes I would forget to click it. Too bad the register date doesn't go all the way back to 96 or 97...

------------------
    The Countdown has been terminated..and March Madness has arrived!!!

..And we're there to report it...

www.draftsource.net

13. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Its not how much you speak, its what you say when you speak.

------------------
    I took a course in speed waiting. Now I can wait an hour in only ten minutes- Steven Wright

14. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

wooo hooo 150 posts!!!!! congrats Bob!!!!!

[​IMG]

------------------
    I took a course in speed waiting. Now I can wait an hour in only ten minutes- Steven Wright

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Clutch, to make inferiority complexes of junior members and post-competitions even worse, you could publish a top-ten list of posters ranked by number of posts. I was surprised to see how many posts cabbage had. Or, if you prefer, you can rank them by quality of posts and leave cabbage out. [​IMG]

------------------

16. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Mango, excellent idea! I too would love to be able to know who the last person to post in a thread was. Say for instance you are holding a heated debate with someone, yet have alot of other work to be doing, you can save alot of time by seeing if they responded rather than re-loading the entire thread.

------------------
    "Sources tell me that the Blazers held a team meeting after the two losses..." - "Pistol" Pete Vescey with the inside scoop.

17. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

thacabbage,

Exactly why I mentioned it.

The next evolutionary step along that line would be some type of personal
    portal environment similar to personal pages like at netcenter and so forth. You would sign in and it would have remembered your top ten favored posters and would pop an alert window if they have posted recently. All kinds of variations possible if we were recognized before posting a reply or starting a new thread.
    Cookie time!!!

Thanks for your support.

Mango

------------------
    It could be worse ....... you could have been born a Jazz fan!!!!

18. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Dang guys,

I remember when it was a big deal when IROC It hit 1000 posts. Now we have guys with 2500 posts!?!?!

Sheez.

------------------
    COME BACK CHARLES!