1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Hush Money Trial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

images.jpg

Andre0087 likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Finds trump in contempt of court, for a second time. Says how difficult it will be to jail a former president and a candidate for president. Since trump is above the law, weakly says he will jail him if he does it again. trump will hear the part about how difficult it is to jail a former president and candidate and candidate for president and the fact that the judge threatened him with jail previously... and he will continue to make a mockery of the rule of law.

ROCKSS and No Worries like this.
  3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I can't believe this innocent man is willing to go to jail to protect our freedoms.

4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Andre0087 likes this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah right. Like Trump would actually be treated like other criminals in jail. That man will be given the special treatment, with Secret Service protection paid for by the taxpayers. They'll probably even supply him diapers and wipes.

ROCKSS likes this.
  7. Commodore

What has Trump said that he should be forbidden from saying, despite the right to free speech?

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Well that might have something to do with the 10 contempt of court charges for intimidating witnesses via the gag order violations.

You might not have heard of cases where witness lists are withheld from the defense, but you probably also haven't heard of a case where a defendant has violated his gag order and been held in contempt of court yet allowed to walk free and not sitting in a jail cell.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Just the opposite, I find it very comfiting. Due process suggests that there is there is a process and that there has to be a structure and rules around that process to make its outcome legitimate. We often think about the misconduct of prosecutors that could undermine the process, but a defendant threatening staff or witnesses can also undermine the process. The gag order reassures me that the trial will be fair and the outcome legitimate.

If I can understand what the charge is, why can't Assman?

Rashmon, Amiga, ROCKSS and 1 other person like this.
  10. Commodore

a yes, the Trump is uniquely bad argument we have seen over and over for novel prosecutions and legal theories.

I just want someone to quote something Trump said that he should not be allowed to say in spite of the 1st Amendment

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

You completely missed an opportunity to harken back to CF Legend, YoYao, and work the word, "fomfotable," into this response.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Damn. Is it too late? I'm very comfited and highly fomfotable!

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I will allow it.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

The "right to free speech" is not absolute. And I know you really don't want to know what trump said and posted to his message board that violated the gag order... but just to play along...

Judge Juan Merchan threatens Donald Trump with jail time if he keeps violating gag order
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...order-ruling-jail-contempt-court/73539056007/

Here are a few...
    • Merchan found Trump violated the gag order by making comments about the jury in a phone interview on "Just The News, No Noise" TV show broadcast on April 22 by Real America's Voice network. "But this judge, uh, said that I can't get away from the trial. You know he's rushing the trial like crazy. Nobody's ever seen a thing go like this," Trump said in the interview. "That jury was picked so fast — 95% Democrats. The area's mostly all Democrat. You think of it as a — just a purely Democrat area. It's a very unfair situation that I can tell you."
    • April 22 comments Trump made as he left court. Trump gave an eight-minute talk to reporters on his way out of the courthouse that day, talking about his former lawyer Michael Cohen's previous legal issues: "He got caught lying in the last trial. So he got caught lying, pure lying. And when are they going to look at that?"
    • An interview on "Action News," which aired on an ABC News affiliate in Pennsylvania on April 23. "Michael Cohen is a convicted liar, and he's got no credibility whatsoever. He was a lawyer and you rely on your lawyers. But Michael Cohen was a convicted liar. He was a lawyer for many people, not just me. Then he got in trouble because of things outside of what he did for me," Trump said in the interview.
    • April 25 comments Trump made on his way into court. "David's been very nice," Trump said, in reference to David Pecker, the former CEO of American Media Inc.

Astrodome and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Why don't you read what the judge said he IS NOT ALLOWED to say per the court?

Why are you trying to bait posters here when it's in the judges own words:

https://www.nycourts.gov/LegacyPDFS/press/PDFs/DOcontempt_5-6-24FINAL.pdf

I guess the question really is what makes you more qualified than a judge to determine if Defendant Trump is or is not violating his gag order that is there in place to keep him from intimidating witnesses, and especially influencing the jury?? Why is your opinion on the matter more qualified than this Judge's ruling?

ROCKSS and rocketsjudoka like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

Receipts...

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

18. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

The Bragg team has really laid this out very clearly and concisely. Even a layman like me can follow the breadcrumbs and boy do they have the receipts to back it up. Cohen may come off as a scumbag, but it's clear he was trump`s scumbag and the facts are pretty convincing even if they don't like Cohen, its hard to refute the actual evidence presented thus far

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Why you bother pretending that you would ever consider Trump in violation of anything? You don’t give a single crap about the actual law.

You cite the 1st amendment but make no attempt to wrap your tiny brain around the fact that gag orders are entirely legal (don’t violate the first amendment) and are commonplace (Donald isn’t a unique victim here dumbass). And explained to you ad nauseum.

“Guys, explain to me why the gag order is legal.”

Then multiple posts explaining it to your dumb ass.

“Guys, why can’t Trump say that? It’s the First Amendment”.

20. NewRoxFan

Meanwhile... the criminal claims he is willing to go to jail to support the Constitution...