1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kristi Noem [GOVERNOr]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Sep 8, 2021.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I alluded to this earlier, but I think it's a cultural thing.

In rural areas I think it's more common for people to think of animals as property. You also have more liberal attitudes toward corporal/capital punishment.

In cases of safety (animal becomes aggressive toward humans) there's also a big "honor and sanctity" theme, protect me and mine, etc.

There's a statistically significant amount of people who think this behavior is totally normal.

To be clear, this is an explanation, not an excuse.

2. Buck Turgidson

A cow or a horse who has a massive infection (nasty, nasty stuff) due to a bad birthing or injury or old age... or a broken hip from breeding, or a...? They are property, but are not "property", they're friends, but still...

What do you do with them? You can spend 3+ figures on a vet to come out to your ranch and tell you to shoot them, or you can spend $1 on a 30-30 shell and I'll tell you the same thing.

ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  3. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I detest what Noem did but the irony of abortionists expressing outrage at the death of a dog isn't lost on me.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Okay, first I don't know if she did or did not spend sufficient time training the dog. It is possible the dog is just aggressive and untrainable.

It is an unpopular opinion - but the reality is that there are some dogs that are aggressive and always will be aggressive and are a risk to society.

Running a farm takes a lot of time as well, and the reality is that there are concessions made.

However - the fact she discusses it shows she is tone deaf. Unless the dog is really aggressive, she could have given it to a shelter and made a large contribution/donation.

Only she knows how aggressive and dangerous that dog really is.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Ditto.

I have killed and skinned probably close to 1,000 rabbits.

There are a few I have been very close to and have not killed for meat.

However, the rest were raised and killed for food.

I also had a Newfoundland dog. He was a great dog until he one day bit my wife and she had to go to the ER and have stitches and PT. I took the dog to the vet, they did a scan of his head and the vet told me that my dog had brain cancer and that is why he suddenly changed and that the dog was a threat to my family. I was told that he needed to be put down. I am good friends with my vet. We talked.... it was sticking a needle in his arm while he was nervous and scared in a vets office - or it was spending time with him on the land he loved and shooting him. I opted to shoot him. I don't regret it.

6. Buck Turgidson

14 months old, untrained bird dog

It's pretty easy to know.

No Worries, ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Because the animal is usually calmer with someone that they know - and it can be faster. Also - someone has to take responsibility for it.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

not only is she psychopathic, she is also the worst type of dog owner

she hates the dog for not being able to do something she spent zero time training it for and instead having the time of its life chasing birds during the trip, but on the way back, she can’t even manage to keep the dog from her escaping her truck…then she can’t even stop the dog from going into someone else’s chicken coop

How lazy are u?

I just picture this perfectly healthy and happy dog being taken out back and shot in the head for no fault of its own…then she somehow thinks it makes her look good

rhino17 and Ubiquitin like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Probably - but I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

If it was laziness, then she isn't qualified to hold public office.

You don't kill a member of your "pack" as a family because YOU are too lazy.

If you are too lazy or busy - admit it, admit it is a shitty thing to do and give it to someone else that wants the dog.

To me - shooting a dog out of laziness shows a lack of accountability.

10. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Again, mercy kill. Completely different scenario.

ROCKSS, Buck Turgidson and Ubiquitin like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

If you're not fit to own a pet, you're not fit for public office.

12. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I have a hard time drawing conclusions from so few data points.

If the animal was dangerous she sure as hell didn't drive that point home.

If the dog was poorly trained that also falls in her lap.

Just a lot of questions here and very few answers that would make sense.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Being 100% fair - IF the issue was the aggression of the dog, you would think that she would discuss that in more detail.

We are weird with our pets though - for example I will admit that the fact that Joe Biden cannot control his dog, and he has allowed it to bite his employees repeatedly makes me question his basic judgment. His dog has undergone numerous training sessions with no success - spay the got and give it to someone that can handle it and get a Golden Retriever that will sleep next to you.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

30 years ago my granddad got the best puppy I've ever seen.

We got to hike around with it for a weekend, next weekend it bay'ed a scorpion on the porch (puppy nose to nose with scorpion and barked until someone came out and smashed it)

Hank: half aussie shepherd, half border collie, was my favorite dog ever. It got a disease from a tick while doing ranch hearding stuff, and my granddad said he'd spend a few thousand dollars on it, and he would have spend a few thousand more if it could have worked. Smartest dog I've ever seen. It died at the vet, shoulda died at the ranch.

Nook likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

14 months old.

Need no more data points.

No Worries likes this.
  16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Not everybody here has a ton of experience with young, poorly trained bird dogs.

The only one I've known was just a b*stard, not really a threat.

K9Texan and Buck Turgidson like this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

And there is nothing wrong with what you did. I hope people understand what KM did is legit completely different

animals get put down all the time.
    This is psycho ****

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

14 months old. “Hunting trips thinking the older dogs would train it to get pheasants”

takes around bird pret right after

Yea she’s a ****ing disphit

No Worries, K9Texan and DonnyMost like this.
  19. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I was moreso talking about the people aggression she alluded to, because that's more dire situation.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I defended it because she gave a somewhat reason but reading the whole story it's crazy. She really thought people would be like that's a boss chic

I'll do some internet searching on what was the appeal. I don't want to simplify Republicans and attractive women. Alaska is a different type state in terms of Palin. .

Palin supporters still argue she was a quality candidate after she bounced on Alaska for TV money. Not the worst thing but im luke yall still like her?

I appreciate a lot of guys here for regardless of their politics becsuse they understand a lot about what each office's responsibility is and vote based on their idea of how their candidate is going to do the job