1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024: Biden or Trump [trail vs trial] POLL

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Apr 22, 2024.

?

Who are you voting for?

This poll will close on Nov 4, 2024 at 7:37 PM.
  1. Biden

2. Trump

3. RFK Jr.

4. None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

No matter how much you support him it doesn't change the fact he doesn't belong in office.

You really need to take some time to yourself. A vacation would do you some good. Why are you so angry all of the time?

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We see things far far differently then. There is nothing I trust less than a liar, con, and cheat. Trump can't stop his lying, and constantly tries to cover up his crimes with deceit, fraud, deflection, and straight up attacks on his victims. He isn't man enough to ever admit he is wrong about anything. He is toxic in every way humanly possible.

Maybe I see more of the risks because of my educational background and military experience. I'm no psychiatrist, but my first degree was concentrated in psychology, and Trump ticks all the boxes of a sociopath/psychopath. As someone with 20 years in the military, I see Trump as a huge danger to our country in any position of authority and to Democracy.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is gagged by the courts and now Biden is gagged by his campaign. Maybe this election won't be as exciting after all.

At this point, I am guessing the debate will be RFKjr vs Trump while Biden goes full 2020 and hides in the basement.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden wasn't hiding in the basement. He was trying to set an example, unlike Trump, at the height of a pandemic when doctors, nurses, and disease experts were pleading with Americans to avoid mass gatherings. Trump was too selfish to care. It takes a real selfish man to see how many people he can crowd into his rallies during the height of a pandemic.

Invisible Fan and FrontRunner like this.
  5. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

He seems to forget Biden and Trump debated twice in 2020.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Let's see what he does in 2024. He is fading fast unfortunately.

7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Well actually, maybe this will help discourage criminals like Donald from seeking the Presidency, and encourage honest, law abiding people to do so.

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Roughly 1/3 of Americans believe the cases against Trump are legitimate. Thank you for self-identifying as belonging in the most programmed 1/3 of the United States. A statist who hasn't realized it yet -- kind of embarrassing, huh?

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

For someone who is gagged, Dementia Don sure does yap his gums.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Perhaps - or maybe Trump will **** himself again and his diaper will leak or perhaps his make up will melt and the sweat will cause it to burn his eyes until he goes blind.

Seriously this is all embarrassing… one candidate has a dog that bites multiple people, talks about fighting someone named corn pop and bounces between being sharp as a tack and not knowing where he is…. The other candidate wears and ***** in diapers, sleeps with prostitutes, sexually assaults women, steals from veteran charities and has been bankrupt a half dozen times.

We can do better than these two…

ROCKSS, Astrodome and Invisible Fan like this.
  11. Rileydog

Well that’s just fake news and fake polls. It’s terrible how the media lies about fake polls. I know many many very fine people who believe the cases against Trump are legitimate. I was just having lunch at Backstreet Cafe last week, you know, right down the street where Big Texx lives. I heard many a person say that the cases against Trump seem quite strong and legitimate. And not just black and Hispanic people. Whiteys too.

I am a lawyer who believes that our fine red blooded American juries will get it right, no matter what jurisdiction. Unlike you, I have the pulse of the electorate and the common man. If Trump is innocent, I am sure he is sleeping quite well at night, as should you. I can think of no finer American tradition than a trial before a jury of your peers.

12. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Oh my, Rileydog's campaign of self-embarrassment continues! You admit to being a lawyer (probably a low quality lawyer, based on my assessment), yet you can't see that Democrats purposefully brought cases in 90%+ deep blue jury pool jurisdictions in order to circumvent a true jury of Trump's peers. That's obvious for any non-programmed person to see. The Florida case tells the story clearly -- Jack Smith used a grand jury in deep blue DC to investigate, THEN moved the case to Florida once that work was done.

Democrats broke 250 years of tradition and brought a criminal case against a former (and future) President based on a fake bookkeeping issue. That's obvious election interference -- and that's why the American people see right through this political persecution. They are smarter than you. As am I.

GOOD DAY

13. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I agree. But for now we need to make sure that the one that poops in diapers and sexually assaults women never gets back in the Whitehouse again. I will take decency and democracy over narcissism and fasciism any day.

ROCKSS, deb4rockets, Nook and 2 others like this.
  14. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

The media's programming has gotten you. Democrats tried to remove Trump from the ballot and you think they stand for democracy? Democrats have been using the court system as a political weapon in deep blue jurisdictions to imprison and bankrupt their political opponents, and you think Democrats are decent? Joe Biden is the symbol of political corruption, having enriched himself by using his drug-addicted son to sell access to the US government to foreign actors, some of whom we are in proxy wars with today. Democrats have destroyed once-respected institutions such as the IRS, intel agencies, and legal system to harass and persecute their political opponents. Yet you think they stand for decency? Democrats want to have the unelected, unaccountable bureaucratic state in DC (the swamp) run the country, yet you think they stand for democracy? You have it bass ackwards, young man.

I'm concerned that our youth today lack critical thinking. They can't think beyond what the state-controlled media spoon feeds them. Easily manipulated and struggle thinking for themselves. It doesn't bode well for our country's future, sadly.

Salvy likes this.
  15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Remember, this is who you chose to vote for...

[​IMG]

16. Rileydog

Oh dear Jorge, bless your heart. Donald has such broad appeal that he EVERYONE is his peer. To help you understand the law, as it is a rather broad subject, the laws of our great nation protect the Donald and GUARANTEE he will get a fair trial. He can move to transfer venue. He can move for recusal. His lawyers, the finest in the land that money can buy, got to strike potential jurors. The judge even allowed any potential juror who had any concerns about impartiality to excuse themselves. EXTRAORDINARY!!. And should Donald have any concerns about a verdict, he has a very very beautiful right to appeal. America’s criminal justice system is truly a wonder. It has been a beacon of liberty and justice for ALL since the founding of this country. Honestly, it seems rather unpatriotic of you to take these positions. Too many people like you hate America and her traditions.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I was impressed by all of trump's debates in 2024...

Nook and rocketsjudoka like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whether we can or not is largely immaterial at this point. Unless something strange happens one of them will be the next President.

I will not defend the stupid and creepy stuff Biden says and does but even his most ardent political enemies attempts to prove he is corrupt have failed. No matter how one side tries to paint things the economy is mich better than it was this time four years ago. In terms of jobs and the stock market it’s better than it was this time five years ago. Legislatively Biden is the most successful first term president since LBJ with even many republicans voting for his bills.

The real proof though of Biden’s legislative accomplishments is that even Republicans who opposed his legislation campaign as though they were co-sponsors.

on the other hand we have a former president for multiple infrastructure weeks couldn’t get an infrastructure bill passed. His own party and Mexico wouldn’t pass his signature wall program. And of course twice impeached with members of his own party voting against him.

Plus all that stuff in court.

19. Nook

Nook Member

To be clear - I agree with you. I will vote for Joe Biden because he is not a criminal, and Donald Trump is a criminal and doesn't have the interest in the country being priority #1.

As for Biden - a lot of his issue is his age. He has always pandered too hard and some of his creepiness is because of his age. Having said that, in the past my biggest issue with Biden is that he went too often with the ways the political winds blew. He still does some of that, but not like he did - and when he plays "both sides" it is usually for a reason - like in the middle east.

As a legislator he is the best in my lifetime. I suppose Reagan possibly but it that a different time period.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Or to put it more starkly: You think a democracy means you pick your own leaders, but it doesn't. It means you're a political hostage presented with a prisoner's dilemma -- either you choose the terms of your subjugation or we'll let your colleague in the other interrogation room choose. That sounds like maga talk or the rationale of an rfk voter. But honestly I think if we really came to terms with the conditions and the inescapabilty of the dilemma we face as voters, we would be quicker to realize that no "better candidate" will ever materialize and the sooner we hold our noses and vote for Genocide Joe the marginally better off we'll be. You're really not going to get any better candidate than him. Not now, not in 2028, never, no matter what you do. Stop trying to game the system. You cannot win.

Might be feeling a little jaded today. :oops:

rocketsjudoka likes this.