1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, May 1, 2023.

1. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

We don't need a WR after the Diggs trade. If we did I wouldn't have minded Michell

2. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

And he tackles well which is obviously lacking.

raining threes likes this.
  3. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

To me it's not a matter of whether we need another receiver or not.
    I actually think we do after Nick voided the last years of Diggs' contract, making him on a 1 year deal and us unable to get a comp pick for him.
    IMO with Nico up for an extension us drafting a receiver on the 1st two days of the draft would be like telling Diggs after this year he's gone!
    I don't think we gave up all that draft capital for just a 1 year rental and if we did Nick should be fired immediately!
    But we do imo need at least 1 more receiver with Tank coming off of injury AND concussion issues last year and being so slight of build.

That's why my solution is to draft Javon Baker if he's there day 3.
    Good enough prospect for depth and a good starter year 2 but not high enough of a draft pick to piss Diggs off.

It's also why I want te Ben Sinnott.
    When I watch him and Stover tape he just moves so much better than Cade and Sinnott while not a mauler gets the job done blocking as well.
    He'll be lucky to make it to #59 so we can't wait till the 3rd round for him.

GOT TO
    keep CJ stocked with weapons!
    Especially since we'll probably have to go through Mahomes to get to the Superb Owl!

Sooty and GOATuve like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/5442081/2024/04/26/nfl-mock-draft-rounds-2-3/

33. Buffalo Bills (from CAR): Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas
    34. New England Patriots: Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
    35. Arizona Cardinals: Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa
    36. Washington Commanders: Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
    37. Los Angeles Chargers: Junior Colson, LB, Michigan
    38. Tennessee Titans: Johnny Newton, DT, Illinois
    39. Carolina Panthers (from NYG): Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    40. Washington Commanders (from CHI): Marshawn Kneeland, Edge, Western Michigan
    41. Green Bay Packers (from NYJ): Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M

42. Houston Texans (from MIN): Mike Sainristil, CB, Michigan
    59. Houston Texans: Mike Hall Jr., DT, Ohio State
    86. Houston Texans (from PHI): Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-board-plus-wrs-galore-during-rounds-2-and-3/

42. Edgerrin Cooper
    Mini off-ball linebacker run here in Round 2, as DeMeco Ryans gets a young and athletic second-level defender in Edgerrin Cooper to fill the void left by Blake Cashman leaving in free agency.

59. Mason McCormick
    As a sixth-year player at South Dakota State, McCormick enters the NFL with a high floor, and he can be the eventual Shaq Mason replacement at guard

86. Caelen Carson, CB, Wake Forest

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2024/4/26/24138444/nfl-draft-2024-second-round-mock-draft

42. Ennis Rakestraw Jr.
    59. Ruke Orhorhoro

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-mock-draft-2024-rounds-2-3/1ec154b0d569790ae4ab438a

42. Chris Braswell
    59. Calen Bullock
    86. Leonard Taylor III

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/04/26/2024-nfl-mock-draft-day-two-rounds-2-3-predictions

42. Braden Fiske
    59. TJ Tampa
    86. Dominick Puni

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/2024-n...ound-adonai-mitchell-keon-coleman-blake-corum

42. Johnny Newton
    59. Mike Sainristil
    86. Jeremiah Trotter Jr.

GOATuve and jch1911 like this.
  5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

In the VEST I trust ......................now let's do this!! I am so excited.

[​IMG]

6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Not much of a draftnik, but Fiske sure looks like a Demeco man to me. His motor all over the field screams leader to me. Demeco likes him some leaders.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Me too! I sure don't want him going to the Titans. Defense baby! We can use a DT like Newton big time. Over the last two seasons Newton had 103 quarterback pressures, by far the most in the nation among defensive tackles. Not only that, he had 4 blocked kicks last year, and was one of the most durable interior defenders in the nation, leading all defensive tackles in the nation with 749 snaps (62.4 per game).

What I don't want is taking a risk and drafting a guy who has already torn his ACL twice before even stepping foot on an NFL field. I don't want Wilson for that reason. The risk of it happening again doesn't sit well with me. Those kinds of injuries always put you more at risk of it happening again, and that type injury has a long road to recovery.

rfrocket likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Would absolutely take a WR if they love one of the remaining ones.
    Diggs is a one year ds, Nico going to get big deal soon and then tank will be up.

Wr prospects have high fail rate so you need to take multiple stabs at them to make sure you have a healthy mix.

Sooty and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. kaw1988

kaw1988 Member

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-day-2-nfl-mock-draft-cooper-dejean-spencer-rattler

42) HOUSTON TEXANS (FROM MINNESOTA): DI BRADEN FISKE, FLORIDA STATE

The Texans overachieved in 2023 thanks to the play from quarterback C.J. Stroud. They have plenty of holes to continue to fill and address the defensive line here. Fiske has an NFL-level football IQ and pass-rush quickness to be a potential impact player as a 4-3 defensive tackle.

59) HOUSTON TEXANS: CB T.J. TAMPA, IOWA STATE

The Texans look to replace the loss of cornerback Steven Nelson here. Tampa’s start-and-stop ability for a player who has more mass and longer legs is well above average. His long arms are excellent for ball production.

86) HOUSTON TEXANS (FROM PHILADELPHIA): TE BEN SINNOTT, KANSAS STATE

Sinnott is a true jack-of-all-trades tight end who can line up in the backfield, on the line of scrimmage and at receiver. His game lacks a true trump card, but he's the type of versatile role player every NFL team wants in their tight end room.

12. Buck Turgidson

Word!

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/...024-best-available-prospects-team-predictions

42. Houston Texans (via MIN)

Braden Fiske, DT, Florida State

Houston added depth on defense in free agency, but Fiske is capable of pushing for a starting role. Over the past two seasons, he had 11.5 sacks when lined up as defensive tackle, which was the second-most in the FBS over that span.

59. Houston Texans

Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas

Houston could go for cornerback or possibly guard, but picking Sanders would improve the depth at tight end and give quarterback C.J. Stroud yet another target.

15. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I've watched both their tape and will be ecstatic if we get either one.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

He does check the boxes.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think Buck is racist, didn’t mean to imply that at all. He was saying my post was racial and that my “persona” was last year too.
    I hated the Stroud pick, and a few people said it was because hes black. Not the case at all, Bryce was QB1 for me.
    I just was pointing out they were using DeJean skin as a reason to hate on him.

Either way, you’re right should be a fun day

houstonstime and Buck Turgidson like this.
  18. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

#3458 Colt45, Apr 26, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  19. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Gotcha. I hated the Stroud pick too. Thankfully we we wrong. You're right though people do get unfairly labeled on here.

You're probably exactly correct on Dejean.

Buck Turgidson, Sooty and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

And apparently it wasn't the first time Tepper's had an issue with them. For some reason I can't post the link to the Bleacher Report story.

cmoak1982 likes this.