1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, May 1, 2023.

1. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

The Falcons can save 32.5 mil by cutting Cousins in 2026. Penix will sit 2 years. Following the Green Bay path. I don't agree with it, but that is probably their reasoning.

ROCKSS likes this.
  2. Qan

Qan Member

Overall, not a bad draft night. A bunch of good players left with 1st round grade that dropped due to reaches.

I'm just glad Titans didn't get the guy they wanted (Joe Alt) and reached for someone else, and Colts didn't get Bowers. Only the Jags made a decent move down to still be able to pick the guy they wanted in BTjr.

Hope CJ comes back tomorrow, 'cause honestly, I only watched the B/R live was because of him.

3. Jayded

Jayded Member

Good value on the board and with fewer holes to plug than maybe ever…we sit back and let the value fall to us. We could use a corner or a DT and many options remain with 9 picks to go.

Dejean feels like the clearest pick if he happens to fall there. Would be fine with Kool Aid too, but might put Newton ahead of him.

I do think our fans are under appreciating the WR need. Diggs is only on a 1 year deal and either he or Collins has to get paid. This draft is deep and value is still there in Mitchell, Coleman, and McConkey. It wouldn’t surprise me if the defenders continue to slide that we grab our favorite weapon first and then wait or trade back up for our favorite defender.

4. Buck Turgidson

Dude, I was the one who started making throwaway "racial" jokes about "grittyness" and being "well-spoken" and whatnot in this thread, because I find that terminology and mindset ridiculous. Sorry I don't respond to everything, but if you'd like me to go find his posts and "like" them I'll sure do it.

Again...I see you're diving head-first into that glorious persona we all remember so well from last year. Bold stategy, Cotton (not sure whether to use -white or -elle as the suffix here, because you're soft as both)

crose and Sooty like this.
  5. Qan

Qan Member

I wouldn't be mad if Texans picked a WR. Knowing now how much CJ wanted Pearsall, wish he had fell into the Texans position.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You chose my post, which wasn’t racial at all to respond to.
    And if you’re making stupid racial jokes then you’re an idiot too.
    If that kid was black you wouldn’t be making jokes about him. He’s talented and the only reason he gets talked bad about is because he’s a white corner.
    I have literally never said anything about the color of any prospects skin or made stereotypical preconceptions.
    But if you think that’s cool, you do you. It goes with your persona well. The bitter has been that has to crap on others to feel some semblance of self worth

7. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Some people have really thin skin

8. Buck Turgidson

9. raining threes

I wouldn't be scared at all. I think he can be a swiss army knife.

Sooty likes this.
  10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Making no move to trade into the 1st round is so far an A+ draft grade for the Texans.

ROCKSS, A_3PO and raining threes like this.
  11. raining threes

Just got home from watching the draft with my brother.

If I could figure out a way to walk out of this draft with Newton/DeJohn/P. Wilson I would gladly trade 1st and 2nd rd 2025 picks, because 1. These guys are going to be better than any late 1st/2nd rd picks you'll be getting next yr. 2. 2nd rd picks cost less than 1st rd picks. 3. These guys will help the team next yr and will be cheap within Stroud's 3-4 yr window.

Sooty likes this.
  12. raining threes

Isn't it great to have a competent GM/HC.

red5rocket, Sooty, ROCKSS and 3 others like this.
  13. raining threes

I would trade next yrs 1st and 2-59 for Newton and draft either DeJean or Wilson at 2-42.

14. raining threes

Caserio usually goes and gets a guy if he likes them. I definitely could see him trading up for Newton or DeJean.

15. Buck Turgidson

Remember when Costanza decided to do the opposite of everything that popped into his brain?

"Hello, my name is George, I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

ROCKSS likes this.
  16. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

You crazy my dude, you can give 59 and a third to have him. Why you trading our 1 next year. We will need a wr cause ain’t no way Nico and diggs both stay

red5rocket, RocketFan007, Qan and 2 others like this.
  17. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

You know that I like you as a poster. I think in this instance you're not understanding Buck's sense of humor. There's absolutely no way he's a racist. His dry wit isn't for everyone though and I understand that.

You're good people and I understand that you're coming from good intentions. Let's have a good day when those cards are handed in. Ultimately that's all that counts

18. Buck Turgidson

Here's some Wilson highlights vs some of Aggie Cooper, simply because I'm jonesing for actual football and not this draft speculation and offseason crap:

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Just remember, there's never been a good white DB, right?

eta: anyone remember the NFL Films short of Harold Carmichael vs Pat Fischer? 6'8" vs 5'9"? It's one of my favorites of all time, and helped me learn how to play DB (with my dad as in-house helper)

This isn't the Eagles Carmichael video, but it's good enough.

#3419 Buck Turgidson, Apr 26, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  20. The geth & the reaper

Some people lack proper protection against the suns uv rays, causes their blood to boil. I myself stay indoors and use the highest spf cream. I’m sorry I couldn’t help myself