1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What it means to be Anti-Woke

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FranchiseBlade, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Section 106.10 of the final regulations now expressly includes sexual orientation and gender identity as coming within the definition of what encompasses discrimination “on the basis of sex.” The reason for this express inclusion was to maintain consistency with Title VII following the Supreme Court’s ruling in Bostock v. Clanton County (2019), and the Department of Education’s concern that a narrower interpretation of sex “could exclude some individuals from Title IX protections that properly apply to all students.”

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You still haven't pointed to any posts here advocating that. None of it affects me. I'm not really concerned about it. I hope everyone gets their rights. That's as much concern as I have.

Trans population — 1%.

Outrage - completely disproportionate.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Do you think biological men should be allowed to use girls' changing rooms simply based on "identifying as a woman"? Yes or no?

tinman likes this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve answered this before but to repeat.
    Simply identifying no but if they have transitioned through surgery and or hormone treatment yes.

Further trans people are not immune from laws against harassment. If a trans person behaves badly by deliberately harassing people in a locker room they should be prosecuted.

A lot of this reminds me of arguments against gay people in the military in the argument that gays somehow wouldn’t be able to control themselves and be sexually harassing their comrades.

JayGoogle and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So you disagree with Biden's executive order then.

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Not really a concern of mine. Identifying by name only, they don't have to be allowed. If they are doing the whole hormone, and surgical operations, fine. Either way, I don't really care. And it could probably be handled case by case locally.

Mostly, I don't think about it at all one way or the other. But if you want to get super fired up and upset about it, knock yourself out. Just don't expect many others to care.

My point is that the only folks here that seem to pay close attention to it are those that seem to enjoy getting angry about it.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yeah, let's just ignore girls' and women's rights. The resident childless BBS leftist incels don't care.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

This is why we are in the position we are in today in America, we don't have enough men with a backbone to stand up for what's right.... Hormones and surgeries can not change someone's sex.... Removing a dick does not make any man a women, it just makes them dickless men.... Men go into the men's locker rooms and women into women's.... Period....

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I actually have friends who work with various women's rights groups. As far as I know, it isn't really an issue that concerns them either.

Things like equal pay, access to health care, negative and unfair stereotyping from the media etc. Take up too much of their time... You know issues that are actually important to them and affect a much larger percentage.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You are free to get super angry and fired up about it. The rest of us will worry about things that affect more than 1%.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'm proud to say that I just found out we have gender py parity in my company. I'm even prouder to say that we got there without trying, we always hired and promoted based on merit only.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Other consequences of woke politics.

Wokism kills.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yay. Although, saying that, I'm not familiar with gender py. I'm sure it's a good thing, though.

#53 FranchiseBlade, Apr 25, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
  14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm wondering if the Anti-woke are that easily fooled or if the rage merchants are that good?

On these boards there are about 4 total. And one or two more that just seen to jump on board but aren't diehard. Nobody else seems to have the same issues finding a more realistic perspective.

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

FB went through it and I agree with some of it I don’t agree with all of it.

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Good for your company except without considering that HR should look at more
    Female resumes in the first place how would you reach gender parity?

17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

ART 1. OF CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS [25 - 680.4]
    ( Part 1 enacted 1872. )
    TITLE 11. OF CRIMES AGAINST THE PUBLIC PEACE [403 - 420.1]
    ( Title 11 enacted 1872. )
    (a) (1) Every person who, except in self-defense, in the presence of any other person, draws or exhibits any deadly weapon whatsoever, other than a firearm, in a rude, angry, or threatening manner, or who in any manner, unlawfully uses a deadly weapon other than a firearm in any fight or quarrel is guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than 30 days.

18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

What it means to be anti woke- you go to college to actually learn - you get a job, work hard, save money maybe start a business and have a loving family - it's a lot more simplistic I suppose compared to say being woke

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The same people who believe Wokeism kills are also the ones who believe in legally carrying AR-15's, rifles, and handguns around people in public. Wokeism is a broad term. Truth is that fools on both sides of the political spectrum are ignoring the dangers of "unlimited freedom" to do as they please. Weapons designed to kill multiple people quickly are loved by the political right.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

So tons of people of both parties are Anti-woke according to your definition.