1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How are the Golden State Warriors so good?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Nov 13, 2021.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Sorry, but trashing Poole invalidates everything else he said or at least me not caring about his opinion. I truly believe whatever potential Poole had was temporarily at least stifled by the whole Draymond Green saga. It was clear that organization supported the aggressor rather than the victim and it's sad fans and the league have chosen to ignore that. Any chance anyone will get to trash Poole they will take, but you'd think a fan of a team would actually be more inclined to show some empathy towards a guy who was clearly wronged by many.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

A slightly more nuanced take is that once Poole signed the lucrative deal he got way too full of himself. He started to act like he was the second coming of Steph after that and it was clear by his subsequent play that he was not. He got mouthy in practice and Draymond offered him a corrective. He did not take the advice…

3. JW86

JW86 Member

Oh please, getting knocked out and being blamed for it is still the facts so I don’t care if Draymond couldn’t handle the trash talking. It’s ironic if anything.

4. thegary

I don’t understand your reply

B-Bob likes this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

That your nuanced take is not factual and that even if true does not excuse Draymond's nor the organization's reaction. A guy got knocked out and the victim blaming that still ensues is truly one of the most crazy things I've seen. The craziest of course the fact that Draymond is propped up as the next guy on TNT and the thousands of excuses for his blatant disregard for the rules, lack of respect for other players and clear mental issues the guy has.

6. thegary

Dray is an ******* so is Poole. Poole was not liked by teammates Dray is. What does that tell you?

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Exactly!!!!!!

The wrongness of Draymond's punch does not shield Poole from the heavy criticism he deserves. He is pathetic!

B-Bob likes this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

Subjective. Objectively speaking Draymond still knocked out a teammate. PERIOD!

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Draymond has nothing to do with how pathetic Jordan Poole is now. Is that something you can't understand?

10. JW86

JW86 Member

Just because a guy is playing poorly and even an ass, arrogant or whatever does not make it somehow justified that he got punched and that the Warriors organization backed Green instead of him. That's not how it works.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow, I post an obviously hyperbolic Bay Area piece meant to shock Warriors fans by insulting every player... and clutchfans come in to argue about Jordan Poole being treated unfairly in the obviously hyperbolic and intended-to-be-funny column. I just don't even understand y'all.

Okay, if you want to talk about Jordan Poole being subjectively terrible? Sigh. Go ask the Washington Wizards about him and look at his stats from this entire season. He lived thousands of miles away from Draymond Green this year, FWIW.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/poolejo01.html
    I mean, Jordan's grown man feelings did get hurt, and he took at least a hard glancing blow (not a knock out), but he just made $27M for a -0.6 win share shooting 41.3% over 78 NBA basketball games. Please sign me up for that life, b/c he's going to make the same amount or so next year.

Just enjoy the Warriors slow, nasty implosion, will you, please? Jesus H, people.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

LOL! There you go again.

I said Draymond was wrong but you just lied and said I justified it.

For some reason, this discussion has tripped one of your wires.

Jordon Poole was trash on the Wizards this past season. Despite your diversions, dodges and outright lies, this remains a fact you cannot dispute. Leave Draymond Green out of it.

13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Lebron and or KD will be joining Curry for 2024-2025, in some shape or form. I have a good feeling. And the Warriors will be relevant again.

Honestly, if Green didn't go psycho, the Warriors would have avoided the play-in this year and made the playoffs.

As much as I hate the Warriors, I do enjoy watching Curry play.

#913 Mr. Dominant, May 3, 2024 at 12:04 PM
    Last edited: May 3, 2024 at 1:30 PM