1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2024: Biden or Trump [trail vs trial] POLL

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Apr 22, 2024.

?

Who are you voting for?

This poll will close on Nov 4, 2024 at 7:37 PM.
  1. Biden

2. Trump

3. RFK Jr.

4. None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. astros123

astros123 Member

LOL quality debaters. I've embarrassed you in every conversation we've had. You're so brainwashed that you think ivanka trump making millions from China is perfectly okay while you claim hunter is the biggest crook ever.

Obama didn't kill them on us territory and the war powers authorization act from 2003 specifically allows the president to target terrorists whom he has reasonable cause to determine a risk to national-security

Xopher likes this.
  2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

If you really want to stick it to the man, just vote against every incumbent.* That's making a point.

By not voting at all, you're choosing to not make any point at all.

*except Biden

3. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Again. I support Donald's SC arguments. A President should be able to have the military assassinate a political rival. Right @El_Conquistador ? Let's go Joe! (Obviously this is sarcasm, but Trump's lawyers did say this)

astros123, ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. astros123

astros123 Member

I can't vote for biden cuz he's too old!

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

My favorite is "my vote doesn't matter"...tell that to millions now ruled by 9 unelected judges for life. Those dumbasses that scream about Gaza and that Biden's too old won't know what hit them if Trump gets a second term.

Had a few more people just voted in 2016 for the lesser of two evils abortion would still be legal and it's only gonna get worst from here. We must stop the bleeding at all costs.

6. astros123

astros123 Member

It's insanity what were seeing in real time. If trump wins don't think for a second that the court will help stop him in any way. Trump will be a unchecked dictator who will destroy this country

Andre0087, FrontRunner and ROCKSS like this.
  7. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Does falsifying business records make one corrupt? What about taking classified government documents when you are no longer President? If so, and SC rules in Trump's favor then Trump is saying Biden has every right, as President, to have the military execute him. Do these people even realize what they are arguing?

astros123 likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I tried, but there is a baffling disconnect in our conversation. I never said I don't vote because it's difficult. This might be a D&D thing where people try to read into what you really mean when you say something, or I must be an even worse communicator than I thought. I'll just finish this with what I started with:

I wouldn't vote for Trump or Biden, but I would choose None of the Above if that were an option. There is not such an option, so I will not vote.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Why not look at it like this?

"Had the DNC put up a better candidate, abortion would still be legal."

Or even

"Had Clinton run a better campaign, abortion would still be legal."

10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Nor should a President have the right to arrest, imprison and bankrupt his political opponent, months before an election. Like Biden is shamefully attempting to do. Fortunately, the people aren't buying it.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden hadn't indicted or tried to bankrupt anyone. 4 different grand juries indicted him. Those grand juries were comprised of American citizens.

12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Simply put we vote for a bureaucratic party not really an individual. Dems would have elected reasonable SC justices while the GOP did the opposite. They can barely govern in the House of Reps but some people here still repeat the same nonsense. Russians hacked the DNC, Trump was shady as all hell, yet somehow that's Hillary's fault?

Xopher, astros123 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Your best bet is a third party vote that has a slim chance to garner 10% of the vote and trigger federal funding provisions to that third party in the next voting cycle. It might seem slow, but I suppose it's by design to test whether that party can survive. That's not to say the rival parties do their damndest to tilt the scales.

Your hypothetical would trigger a constitutional crisis given how we shortened the lame duck window. Assuming we also address that time frame and what happens in the event of another "hung jury" or tie (constitution lets congress vote for president instead), it would still be a messy process.

The two parties have honed their racket since the 1800s. It might not have been the R and D we know it today, but operators of power know how to maintain the levers and keep themselves hidden in plain sight. The primary process is the middle cog everyone knows of but have better things to care about.

I think if you wanted actual change, you would need to understand how the names get in those primary ballot (Bernie Bros didn't womp womp) and who controls the crazy/passionate voters that already know who to pick. Hell my own exposure to all that are political dramas of operators opening those doors for the fake person running for office.

They're usually caked knee deep in special interests because special interests can get union/church/nra members to show up on a random day and write a guys name on the ballot without any laws or people changing.

That's the true principle of democracy. The end result might be majority wins, but was it really 51/49 of the total electorate's chosen candidates? Or was that number diluted in half a few iterations to get what the party bosses wanted?

How Trump won in 2016 is a true masterclass that many people still dismiss as fraud or a bed of lies. He won in enough primaries and capitalized on voter digust. He would've lost early if he didn't tap the Deplorable vote that were turned off or burned out from voting. Trump jumped head first into that with his rapists, murderers, and thieves speech.

He didn't just win deplorables over, he converted them into reliable votes that polling or analysts couldn't predict.

Bernie Bros thought Sanders carried Hope for them. They went back to stoning out when the experience soured and left the Democrats high and dry.

There's a similar threat with MAGA and the R party (like how fox news lost viewers when they stood by the Arizona count), but they love and believe in Trump. Even in disappointment or betrayal, they still love the Brand even if Trump will not live long as the Brand.

I'm not bringing this up to depress people. I think the process is broken, but it's still set up with the veneer that it works unlike a banana republic that dumps votes in landfills and declares the official count out of their asses. That means people can still unexpectedly win if they know how to play ball and play the crowds.

Your vote is diluted like a class B stock, but it's still a vote polticians worry deeply about nightly.

astros123 likes this.
  14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

LOL, you must not know much about the grand jury process. No defense is there to present, usually only needs a majority vote, very rarely does a grand jury not indict -- as in like 1%. So you are being dishonest when you try to represent that it's an impartial process. Shame on you.

Biden's DOJ is corrupt to the core and destroying public confidence in our legal system by trying to throw his opponent in jail and keeping him confined to the courtroom and off the trail. This will backfire on them gloriously.

15. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

That's well said. You never know.

I respect your stance. I would have never voted for Hillary but I did like Bill. I liked Obama too initially. Om the Republican side I liked Bush Sr a lot.

This election I just can't bring myself to vote for either

16. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Is it? These are not good or quality candidates. By refusing to vote you can help send a message that we need to better.

Joe Biden isnt a good candidate. You and I both know this. Obviously he's running against a complete and utter piece of trash but that's no setting the bar high.

17. astros123

astros123 Member

Bidens DOJ is soooooooo corrupt that they decided to file felony changes on the president's son lol. You utter dipshit.

18. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Why are you so angry and vulgar?

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don’t know if you caught any of the SCOTUS oral argument yesterday but I found it hilarious/sad when Brett Kavanaugh thought he found an angle where maybe just maybe Biden would have been weighed in on in regards to a matter of this indictment. Beerbong Brett kept on pressing “who else in the executive branch… who else”… it was pathetic.

The Counsel to Jack Smith was like…”Uhh… The Solicitor General”… “Yes… that is the Solicitor General.”

SCOTUS was so desperate yesterday to imply that the real danger here to Democracy is the Biden “Regime” (heard that phrase used more than once) and rouge partisan prosecutors. I could not believe how far these right wing justices …. Oddly enough minus Amy Coney Barrett… have fallen into FoxNews illusion.

Biden isn’t dumb enough to have given the right what they want here that he has had anything to do with using his power to go after his political rivals…. Yet the right has created that fantasy out of this air to try and excuse the crimes of Trump. This country cannot continue to exist as a Democracy if almost half of the country cannot comprehend facts and CHOOSES fantasy in order to allow one man… one chosen cult leader to have powers that no other President has possessed.

We are holding on by a thread here. I mean even if Biden manages to win again in 2024, any power the right maintains or gains is obviously going to weaponized further to erode Democracy.

FranchiseBlade and astros123 like this.
  20. astros123

astros123 Member

This is what drives me crazy. It's obvious that the justices are extremely open to trumps arguments and regardless what happens with this case they've exposed themselves as hardcore right wingers. This court will allow trump to do whatever he wants if he wins and that's the most scary thing from oral arguments yesterday.

Imagine hearing that the Supreme Court was open to the idea of trump being able to murder a political rival and somehow thinking that by not voting youre "punishing the partys" instead of punishing the nation as it transforms into facism.

These "both sides are bad people" are such utter dipshits. They're sincerely braindead

dobro1229 likes this.