1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 Season Astros General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., Apr 4, 2024.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Almost as if the starters were better prepared in previous seasons by somebody... (ducks, runs for cover, closes tablet, cancels internet subscription, takes up knitting...)

MadMax likes this.
  2. Radricky

Radricky Member

3. toby

toby Member

Well, don't we have to wait a week for him to go on waivers? I thought they have a few days to work out a trade. I guess we are pretty high on the waiver list . . .

4. toby

toby Member

They need to get someone in to the club house and either start throwing things or psycho analyzing . . .

mikol13, ROCKSS and jim1961 like this.
  5. Radricky

Radricky Member

6. SuraGotMadHops

[​IMG]

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Bla, bla, bla. I will believe you when you actually do something about it other than wishful thinking.

8. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

10 days to fix the season:

JV Thursday

Friday off

Saturday- Blanco,

Sunday Framber,

Monday off

Tuesday Javier.

Wednesday- JV

Thur- Blanco

Friday- Framber

Saturday- France/Brown/Spaghetti/Bielak- whichever you think will suck least

Sunday- Javier

That's 10 calendar days where you should only expect 1 ****** start. Make that happen- fire Abreu into the face of the sun- send Singleton along with him- rotate C/1B between Caratini, Dubon and Diaz, move Bregman down to the 6 hole or something like that and lets see if that lineup/team can ****.

Altuve/Pena/Alvarez/Tucker/Diaz/Bregman/Chas/Caratini/Dubon. Make that the lineup for a solid week to go with that rotation and I bet we win more than 1/3 of our games. Boom- problem solved, Espada.

I'm sure that's not what they will do.

In an ideal world I don’t want Pena 2nd- Bregman 6th etc. but I’d try this for 10 days to shake things up.

9. Radricky

Radricky Member

In not sure where to put this but damn Reggie was awesome lol

jim1961 and IBTL like this.
  10. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Sounds like a solid plan. How we stopping the bullpen from blowing the leads our starters leave the game with though?

AznH-TownFan likes this.
  11. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I mean- those guys have to un**** themsleves. Winning is contagious and losing is a disease. Also- if we start pounding some fools occasionally that should help those guys not be wound so tight.

12. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Like it. But you forgot about bullpen blowing 75% of the lead in the 8th and 9th. Any fix for that?

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its pretty unlikely we sign another closer, so I guess we are left with prayer and wishful thinking.

Htown Stros likes this.
  14. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

“How’d we ever win 8?……..”

#594 Deuce Rings, Apr 24, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
    Radricky and The Real Shady like this.
  15. InTheGroove

InTheGroove Member

I'm convinced theres a market correction initiated by TPTB to exclude the long-sitting outlier / decade-winning ballclubs from the last 10 yrs. . . . .

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Gotta stop pitching minor league pitchers as starters first…

That’s the only reason why this is still palatable. Offense is in a funk but the main 4 are healthy… and Yanier/Pena are above average #5-#6 hitters. Bullpen has been crappy but as long as there is health (and Pressly takes a week off between appearances due to age), they’ll pitch closer to their career numbers.

The starters are GD awful right now. They look ill-prepared to start games. Brown, France, and now Arrigheti have gotten into a groove after rough first innings…. But that also screams both a lack of focus/execution or just shitty scouting reports.

17. phasors28

phasors28 Member

For those that say the Astros were not punished for 2017, I am going to point to this year. We lost draft picks that could have been helping now but above all we lost Luhnow and crew who would have guided us well through this current mess

Scarface281, KePoW, Radricky and 9 others like this.
  18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The fact that Luhnow is not back in baseball in any capacity screams that MLB was out to get him no matter what.

The SI reporter/Osuna stuff seemed to be the breaking point for all involved. They knew he was pushing the limits and creating a legion of minions who would go on to do the same thing. They made an example out of him and sent a message to other potential savvy GM’s who may have been looking to replicate some of those tactics.

19. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

I’m not sensing a “sense of urgency”……

20. scott_summers

scott_summers Member

I'm pretty sure if we never lost Lunhow. We wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.

Scarface281 likes this.