1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Yep. At the end of the day, The NFL will let the Texans expand the color I believe. It’s selling and will continue to sell.

2. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I still can't believe how quick that H Town Blue Stroud jersey sold out....it was only a few hours

ROCKSS and Rvo384 like this.
  3. Qan

Qan Member

Problem seems to be the woman is preventing the Texans from using any light shade of blue. The Htown blue is not Columbia blue and the Texans don't want to use the old Oilers' logo or design. They need to move on from that thought process. Plenty of teams use different shades of light blue color in the NFL, nothing wrong with the Texans wanting to use more of the HTown blue on their uni.

macho GRANDE and Blatz like this.
  4. Clutch City1993

Those morons can't own all light shades of blue though

macho GRANDE, Zen Tabak and Rvo384 like this.
  5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

There's a part of me that is glad we aren't featuring the light blue as the predominant color. I like it as the accent color, but the clamoring to bring back the old color is odd to me. The Oilers were always a massive disappointment other than a few good years under Bum Phillips...let Tennessee keep it.

Personally I would love to see us end up wearing the red as the primary uniform (especially with that new helmet) and the deep steel blue/htown trim as alternate.

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well, it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if old “Bottom Line” didn’t put a stipulation in his will that Houston was to NEVER get any of the Oilers’ property back. As I have explained before, Bud was allowed to walk away with all rights to the franchise, its history and intellectual property when he moved the franchise to Tennessee. You can bet your last dollar that the Adams’ family will fight tooth and nail against Houston getting ANYTHING related to the Oilers back as long as they can hold it over them. Meh. I don’t know - all of this angst over the uniforms and colors of a failed joke of a football operation escapes me. But to each his own I suppose.

Hey Now! likes this.
  7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

8. Clutch City1993

I agree about it being a secondary or accent for now and forever but they made it personal last season trying to be cute wearing their throwbacks against us.

I also don't like Cal couldn't do what they wanted and had to tone it down tremendously

#2968 Clutch City1993, Apr 24, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
  9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That’s because the Texan’s PR blitz currently spearheaded by Cal and Hannah is working. What I see is a clever marketing operation coming from the Texans that is exploiting this situation to stimulate interest amongst Houston football fans in order to get them to look at the Texans as Houston’s NFL team and not as an NFL team that plays in Houston. That’s how you create a loyal fanbase that identifies with your team. Of course, the success on the field created by DeMeco, CJ and the team’s turnaround on the field has a lot to do with it as well especially when you consider how bad the football operation was just two years ago.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's still crazy to me how well the Texans stuck the landing here.

The feedback has been extremely positive from everywhere.

Getting ONE uniform redesign right is hard. Getting FOUR right in the same go-round? That's next to impossible.

I have my peccadilloes with each design (some more than others), but it's undeniable that as a project this was an overwhelming success.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This is exactly where I land. I love the light blue as a complement to the others….but I prefer red as the dominant color, and I love the horns on the helmet

ROCKSS, macho GRANDE and Rvo384 like this.
  12. MadMax

So well said

ROCKSS, macho GRANDE and Rvo384 like this.
  13. MadMax

Ok, I googled this, and yes…NFL teams split merchandising revenue. So it’s pretty ****ing petty. Whether you buy Oilers/Titans gear or Texans gear at the Academy on Bunker Hill, the money goes to the same pot and it’s split 32 ways. PETTY. If Oilers stuff was so much part of their identity, why did they ditch it and not wear it at all for YEARS? DECADES??

There’s a concept in trademark law that relates to use…you need to show you’re still using it to protect it. It’s no accident that all of a sudden the Titans started wearing Oilers gear last year…because the Texans expressed interest in using those colors in some way. So all of a sudden, “yeah, this is who we are” and they wore them against the Texans…and then lost to Case ****ing Keenum.

I’m strongly considering buying that light blue hat with the new H logo and taking a selfie holding up a peace sign over Bud Adams’ grave. Ok, I’m not gonna do that, but there’s a side of me I’m not always proud of that would 10000% do that. I know where he’s buried, because it’s where I’ll be buried too…I plan on haunting him, regardless, and you best believe I’ll be wearing the H after I’m gone.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/062515/how-nfl-makes-money.asp

14. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Toned down for now which still looks lovely. This is going to make the NFL plenty of money, and that’s what will move the needle down the line if Cal and Hannah want to use it more. Other owners will not be opposed.

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I mean the Jets used AI for Aaron Rodgers while the rest of the players were real in their release video. Not saying it’s the same, but it’s not unheard of and I didn’t think anything negative about it. As long as he’s here wearing one by camp.

red5rocket likes this.
  16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Fans buying jerseys based on color rather than team sound like my wife being a random Seahawks fan (obviously she loves the Texans) but she likes the colors of the Seahawks.. is that even fandom? You’re gonna threaten litigation because you might lose the ppl that buy based on color? That’s weird.

17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

1. I also love the hat.
    2. We went from “inmates running the prison” to this. What a turnaround from tippy top to bottom and I love it.

ROCKSS and MadMax like this.
  18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Especially with playoff success under Stroud, the Htown blue will be flying off the shelves. it's such a cool look

MadMax and Rvo384 like this.
  19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Titans don’t own the color blue.

Steelers aren’t ceasing-&-desisting Iowa.
    Ravens aren’t suing the Vikings (and vice versa) (purple)
    Cardinals aren’t suing the Falcons who aren’t suing the Chiefs (and vice versa) (red)
    Bengals aren’t suing the Browns (and vice versa) (orange)
    Giants aren’t suing the Bills who aren’t suing the Colts (and vice versa) (blue)
    Raiders aren’t suing the Steelers who aren’t suing the Saints (and vice versa) (black)
    Patriots didn’t sue the Texans who didn’t sue the Broncos who didn’t sue the Bears (navy)
    Why aren’t the Titans suing the Lions and Panthers?

“Y’all want to be the Titans so bad!”

It’s funny, they ditched the “Columbia Blue” for a darker, navy blue.

She’s just a petty b****.

“Tennessee doesn’t care as much. It’s not as meaningful to their fans as we saw in a survey 20 or so years ago when they did change to the Titans. The Oilers didn’t mean as much to the Titans fans.”

Anyways, those red unis are niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccceee

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Even these, the red pops
    [​IMG]