1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Hush Money Trial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Apr 13, 2024.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

4. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

I read somewhere, I'm not sure how accurate it is though, the fine is either max1000 per occurrence OR jail time.

ROCKSS and No Worries like this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Talk about needing to adjust for inflation.

ROCKSS and Xopher like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

$1,000 per occurrence won't stop him. He just grabs the money from the GOP fundraising from donors. A grown man with no impulse control or no respect for the rule of law needs stronger punishment, which is jail, if he keeps it up.

ROCKSS likes this.
  8. No Worries

Donald's Pecker has betrayed him.

I read it on the Interwebs so it must be true ... I am sure Melania will confirm ... shortly.

9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I can see his wife not being there (for obvious reasons) but his nutless sons won't be there either? I think its odd, I would think at least gymm j or moscow margorie would be there to support him.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we can't control where he gets the money for his fines. What's more important is that he's held accountable. If people get swindled enough to pay for him, that's their loss. It will suck for him as a candidate to not be able to use the money for the election, but he gets all kinds of free press, anyway.

rocketsjudoka and ROCKSS like this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I just wonder if he keeps violating the gag order if enough will ever be enough for the judge. We can only wait and see if fines don't detour him. If not, which is likely, then that's the point the judge needs to put his butt in jail.

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm fine with progressive punishment for repeated offenses. If he's fined and it doesn't stop the behavior then giving a harsher punishment such as jail time would be appropriate. I know that any money be used to pay legal bills of an indicted criminal suspect. Trump donors can't say the same.

13. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

He wants them to put him in jail for violating the gag order. He is basically daring them to. He wants the outrage of his supporters and for them to rise up.

ROCKSS, FranchiseBlade and Astrodome like this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

They are more than welcome to try. We've already locked away plenty of his criminal supporters for Jan. 6th. His voters are already super motivated. Locking him up won't motivate new ones. But anything helping his support and polling is only what it is. Follow the rule of law and people are free to like him more because of it or not.

Xopher likes this.
  15. edwardc

edwardc Member

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

If everybody knows Trump had these affairs with Daniels & McDougal, among many others, and if his supporters and followers really do not care, why does he still publicly deny both affairs to this day?

Will the prosecutors ever have the chance to allow Trump to confirm or deny the affairs on record, under oath, and facing the penalty of perjury?

17. No Worries

This is a conspiracy and fraud trial. The prosecution alleges that Donald Trump conspired to keep information from the voting public and committed fraud to do it. It’s being called by media a hush money trial, but it isn't.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's the theme of all Trump's trials. The guy is just plain dirty. Always has been, always will be.

No Worries likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

20. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

And he literally stinks as well. In addition to falling asleep in the court room it has been reported by many people that he is really letting loose in there as well. Thus lying Donald Trump is now also known as Fatulence Don