1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trae Young Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Very salient point. That team is not void of talent and that is his high water mark. Thus, why they are trying to trade him. He is a one trick selfish player that doesn’t play defense or elevate his team. If you want to take a chance on Ime correcting him, then scrubs and 24 pick is all I would give.

2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Doesn’t elevate his team? Trae dragged an untalented team to the playoffs on multiple occasions. Without him, the Hawks may have been a bottom 5 team between 2020 and 2022. Then, when they finally make a big move to get more talent, they trade for a guy who is a poor fit with Trae. The fact is the Hawks never surrounded Trae with strong, complementary pieces. I think Sengun and Trae would fit quite well.

Strawberry Gum and NewAge like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Is Trae Young a 21st century Kevin Martin?

NewAge likes this.
  4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

What we need is shooters! Is Trae a shooter??

Go Rockets!!!

5. jch1911

jch1911 Member

We don't need shooters... we need makers ;)

[​IMG]

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

well played.
    how about:

Is Trae Young the cappuccino Kevin Martin?

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Trae Young is appealing to a contingent of low patience fans who already don't like Green.

The best comfort I have that this trade won't happen is understanding Ime and knowing he doesn't like players like Trae Young who need to be hid on defense. Green has cleared that hurdle of being that type of player by age 22.

So fortunately Ime is a roadblock to getting Trae and I'm so happy for it.

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....unfortunately that won't stop this thread going another 80+ pages this summer.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. NewAge

NewAge Member

yep, the Murray trade killed them. The rationale was they "needed another playmaker"… The problem with that is what does Trae do on the court when Murray cooks? nothing, really, he’s useless. They play with 4 vs 5. Trae is worse than Westbrook when he doesn’t have the ball..

10. cml750

cml750 Member

I vote no on this one, unless they would do it for just Jalen with no draft picks. There is zero chance they do that.

Y2JT and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. fchowd0311

I hope the Spurs nab him quickly.

I pray the Spurs decided that Trae is what they need to turn from a 18 win team to a contender to rival the Rockets, Wolves and Thunder in the future.

The reality is the Spurs lost their coaching and development pedigree they were famous for. That narrative of them still being that is contingent on a near senile Pop clinging on.

glimmertwins likes this.
  12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Go Rockets!!!

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I wouldn't do a Trae for FVV straight up trade, zero picks. They're about equal imo.

But, more importantly, neither is good enough to be the best player on a team and I would rather have FVV as a 3rd/4th best player. FVV can always play defense if his shot isn't falling. If you just run Trae off the 3pt line he's a replacement level player.

14. Strawberry Gum

I don't think the Hawks made it easier for Trae down there. He never had a star big man next to him, and their wings with potential i.e. Hunter and Reddish didn't panned out as expected. Surrounded by defensively adept players and as a second or a third(Amen and Alpi should be the best players ideally) best player he would flourish. He is very improved at defensive side and not a net negative anymore. He also always seemed like a cooperative and level-headed guy to me in contrary to his image. Would love to see him as a Rocket.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Mark?

16. fchowd0311

Trae hasn't had a season of a higher DBPM than -2.0 except for his third year where eit was -1.7.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If Trae goes to the Spurs, it's essentially a Murray-Young swap. But the 2-year Dejounte absence landed them Wemby.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I kind of dislike these kind of threads because it all depends on what the trade is.

Like there could be a scenario where we only give up Tari-Nets pick, and get Trae in a 3 team trade. Who knows. So it's hard to judge a trade that hasn't happened yet.

I do think Trae has entered into 'underrated' space though and his value will likely be as low as it might ever be because of the lack of team success surrounding him.

I kind of don't like him, I admit, just seems like a Gremlin...but he can ball no doubt and would make the team better barring the Rockets gutting themselves to get him.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Trae Young is a discount Harden on offense whose defense is actually as awful and detrimental as people tried to make Hardens defense out to be.

Please no.

Richie_Rich, BaselineFade and HP3 like this.