1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Don’t Have to Post About My Outrage. Neither Do You.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Apr 21, 2024.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t deny that they do get rights but they also are not treated as equal as Jewish Israelis. Further that Jews aren’t treated well in Gaza or Arab countries justification for collective punishment of Palestinians in the West Bank. Unless the argument is that Israel is out for revenge for Jews in Arab countries.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

How are they not treated as equal?

What do you have to say about the fact that Israel has 2 million Arab citizens, with full citizen rights, while there are zero Jews (except for the hostages) in Gaza?

[​IMG]

And you have the nerve to talk about the Arabs in Israel supposedly not having equal rights?

You are focusing on the wrong side if you want to talk about people not having equal rights.

K9Texan likes this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Are you outraged? and compelled to post about it?

Asking for a friend.

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'm not outraged.

This is outrage:

[​IMG]

This is outrage:

[​IMG]

This is outrage:

[​IMG]

I am not outraged.

I am pointing out that what these dumbasses are doing is outrageous.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

We should all just sit here in the D&D quietly and not post stuff.

6. No Worries

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Done

8. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

You're wrong.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

you said christians are against murder so if youre pro-death penalty that means you are not a christian.

https://www.itemonline.com/opinion/...cle_7fc72ba6-392b-512c-9c22-2f4b1b23644e.html

Death penalty is satanic ritual

The death penalty is a Satanic Ritual and should have been abolished long ago. Actually killing convicts bring them peace far sooner than if he has to reflect on his crime for the rest of his natural like in the confines of a prison cell. Life in prison is a far greater punishment than killing them and putting them out of their misery.

As a theologian, I am appalled that any person who purports to be a “Christian” would promote the death penalty. Personally participating in voting to kill should be considered by genuine followers of Jesus to be a mortal sin.

Many innocent humans have been put to death right here in Huntsville, known worldwide as “The City of Death”. I was told by “Christians” involved in the vandalism and theft of our church’s anti-death penalty sign at 1405 University Avenue, that it doesn’t matter if innocent people are executed if they believe in Jesus because they will go directly to Heaven which is a good thing. Theologically speaking, this religious philosophy is more than bizarre in my opinion.

Not only does the United States execute more humans than 190 of the 195 countries on our planet but Texas executes more humans than any other state. More humans are put to death in Huntsville in an average year than in many Muslim dictatorships.

Even more insane than killing people in Texas is that it can cost over $2 million dollars before the prisoner is finally injected after many years of appeals when life in prison would save the taxpayers over half that amount.

George H. Russell

10. jo mama

meanwhile, the satanists are out there protesting against the death penalty!

[​IMG]

11. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

There is righteous judgment and it is morally acceptable and prudent to execute people who are guilty of certain crimes such as murder. I could provide Biblical examples but you don't recognize the Bible.

12. No Worries

WWJD:

JOHN 8:7

So when they continued asking Him, He lifted Himself up and said unto them, “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”

You do know what the red letter text stands for, right?

You focking idiot, you.

#52 No Worries, Apr 22, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
    VooDooPope likes this.
  13. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Quality post.

No Worries and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Less flippantly, I take the advice of the article to heart, and mostly practice it in real life. But, the purpose of the D&D is to talk about all the divisive topics you're not supposed to discuss in polite company. Its description is literally 'monkeys flinging poo at each other.' This forum was created to be an outlet for outrage (so that that outrage wouldn't pollute the more polite forums here), making this one of the few places in social media where masturbatory outrage is actually appropriate. It's like a supervised meth injection center -- it's probably unhealthy for you to be doing it at all, but if you're going to do it anyway its safer to do it somewhere built to purpose.

On a tangent, I was in Chicago this weekend and ended up joining the march for Gaza downtown. And they had lots of pithy, call-and-answer rhyming chants to get the crowd going. As regulars here might know, I have a contrarian (but I like to think polite) disposition, so after each chant, I have to think to myself "I don't actually agree with that one?" or else "yeah, I can go along with that." So, 'Israel is a racist state!', sure I can subscribe, but 'no Zionist on our streets!' what, no, why wouldn't we let Zionists on our streets, they have rights like everybody else, why would you say something like that? And wait, did you say you want to shut the system down if you don't get what you want? That's not how liberal democracies work! But, I guess since it was literally organized by the communist party I shouldn't really expect to agree with everything they have to say.

Which is a roundabout way of getting to this point. There is always someone that wants to co-opt your outrage. You want to stop the suffering in Gaza? Well, they communists are there to tell you that the assault on Gaza is just a symptom of the larger imperialist capitalist system, and if you really want to stop the suffering not just in Gaza but everywhere there is oppression, you need to fight to cast off capitalism in its entirety. The Green Party is there too, to tell you they can help stop the war if only you'll vote for them in the next election. Politicians don't just want your support for any policy they push to save Gaza, they want your campaign dollars and they want you to wear their buttons and put their sign in your lawn, so ultimately they can have a powerful and well-paid career for themselves. I'm not interested in being co-opted and levered for someone else's agenda. I put my body in the street to represent for Gaza, but I'm not going to chant the communists' stupid chants or vote for the Greens or give money to someone's campaign. That's my voice and I don't want to lend it to anyone, even when I agree with them.

No Worries, Xopher and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. jo mama

@No Worries quoted biblical scripture and you changed it out to a vulgarity. doesnt seem very christian of you. seems kind of blasphemous actually.

No Worries likes this.
  16. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Were they marching with you? You sure know how to pick 'em!

Grand-Mufti-Hitler.jpg

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I quoted your comrade.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Very well said. Hit the nail on the head.

(The rest of the post, much of it as well, but Israel is not a racist state. Why would you march with these crazies at all?

Also, did you march for the victims of Boko Haram? Did you march for the victims of Assad? Did you march for the victims of the Taliban? Why Gaza?)

K9Texan likes this.
  19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Forget it...my post was off-topic

No Worries likes this.
  20. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Jesus told the truth and the religious authorities took offense and had Jesus executed.

Again, there is something called righteous judgment which we must use to maintain a society.

John 7:24
    Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment