1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trae Young Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

lessgoo traeee

amen and 4 seconds for trae sounds fair

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

Rockets aren't trading for Trae when the have FVV.

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

You think FVV is better than Trae?

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think FVV matches Udoka's gritty defensive playing style better. I don't think Trae's non-existent defense would last long here.

I just copied this:

According to ESPN, Young ranked 494th out of 520 players in defensive real plus-minus last season, which measures a player's impact on team defense¹.

That's the reason Atlanta wants him gone even though he's a great offensive player.

#224 Rokman, Apr 21, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Trae would increase this team's win total this season probably if he replaced Fred.

He would be worse for player development though.

Similar to Harden. Our young guys would get better open looks. But is that what we want them to improve on? Being better open jump shooters?

That isn't conducive to long term sustainability.

xaos and cbass like this.
  6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Trae should join Lebron in LA.

No Worries and BigShasta like this.
  7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Green was awful at defense until Ime got ahold of him. At the end of the day, it was painfully clear this team needs offense in the worst way.

Streakshooter and xaos like this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trae is criminally underrated around here…

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

ESPN has criminally underrated Trae.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

I agree to some extent--a lot of people talk like he's trash, a worthless player, etc. He actually is a very good offensive player, enough to easily be a net positive on the court. I think he could be kind of a very good #2 option on a championship contender with the right roster construction and coaching.

With all of that said, I still don't really want to trade for him. I don't think he pairs well with Sengun or Jalen due to his nonexistent defense, and I don't think he's efficient enough to be the #1 guy on a championship contender that you blow up everything to build around. If he was that level of guy, there's no way the Hawks would ever willingly give him up.

xaos and Zen Tabak like this.
  11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Trae is a criminal?? ...o_O

Go Rockets!!!

#231 BamBam, Apr 22, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
  12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

No way I'd trade Amen for Trae. Feel like he has the highest potential on the team. He just need to work on his shooting. Cuz he's a plus at everything else.

Trae is a great offensive player, but he just outplayed by Coby White in playin and let the dude score 42 on him...

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Trae certainly made the Hawks into contenders, I mean a good team, I mean a .500 team, I mean what are we talking about here?

Overrated. Talented of course, I just don’t think he’s what this team needs.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Trae is a really talented regular season offensive player. But that's it. Do not want unless it's a total fire sale and we get him for basically nothing. And even then.... I'd have to spend some time meditating over his contract.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

you right, i change my mind.

how bout trae for van fleets, brooks, and 4 seconds. if he doesn't work out, we can trade trae and amen for haliburton or shay gorgeous alexander.

SamFisher likes this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Why are you so anxious to get rid of our player that has the most potential to be a superstar? Trae is a good offensive player and stinks at defense. FVV, for all his flaws, is a better fit on our team. Trading for Trae is a desperate move for a team that improved more than any team in the league.

Jontro likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'm not big on players who can't shoot tbh. depending on how the league develops over the next decade, he could be a liability. i dun see him improving much, especially 3 pointers.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

My issue with Trae is that he peaked (so far) in his 4th season and has declined in the two years since then. I consider him a top 25 ish player still but I am worried he won't reach the same level he was at a couple of season ago.

19. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Depends on what you mean by “decline.” His assist numbers have gone up and his efficiency has remained steady. His PPG numbers have gone down because the Hawks made the idiotic decision to bring in another ball-dominant guard. Personally, I’ve always wanted to see Trae with a really good, offense-oriented center.

20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

The only logical trade pieces for Trae are FVV or Jalen. Unlike FVV, Trae has 3 years left on his contract at 43M/year. You will lose your flexibility by making that trade. There is a reason Atlanta wants to jettison him. Max players not playing max ball are a negative to your future.