1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Again, is there evidence that he habitually picked up underage girls and had sex with them? Just because someone killed someone does not make him a serial killer.

I don't care about Giddey and I am not trying to defend him. It just seems to me that you guys are jumping to conclusion.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

But the weird thing is... KPJ plead guilty which is the same thing as being convicted aka FOUND GUILTY by the court of law. So.. yeah it happened according to the court. Do we know exactly what happened... of course not because we do not have visual evidence. So that's really the only thing that the KPJ defenders are hanging onto. But like yeah... he plead guilty meaning he is admitted to the court that he did it... and some folks are still so committed and stubborn to this argument that they don't even believe KPJ himself.

It's insane, but its America in 2024 I guess so choose your own fantasy at will.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's fair, another factor could be that they didn't want any blowback touching them.... after all, they are the ones who allowed their 14 year old to roam the streets at night and go to adult only clubs.

Certainly it seems that they were contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You missed the sarcasm

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Of course Giddey could be a psychopathical serial killer but lol that is more fantasy than reality......and too much television.

Makes no sense to make his dream come true in the NBA and turn into a serial rapist and sabotage his career......

That was more the **** OKC and their players talk......than anything.

If he cannot stop after this then he is on a similar path as KPJ though even without resorting to violence.

#4725 daywalker02, Apr 19, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
    Easy likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He did WHAT exactly, it was a misdemeanor - that is like a speeding ticket. If he plead guilty to Hitting, slapping, pushing, choking, holding - any of that would be a FELONY, he didn't....it was a misdemeanor and it is going OFF his record entirely.

You guys are acting like he pled guilty to a major offense, he didn't....it is literally NOTHING.

Also, it is typical of DA's offices to offer stuff like this when they have no case and it is typical of people to plead at this low level because it is EASIER and CHEAPER to do than to go through the court system - it is an EASY way out for both parties with ZERO RECORD.

So yeah, I don't put any stock at all in a misdemeanor guilty plea.....big whup.....but you guys keep on acting like it is a major deal - it isn't.

ZERO record is the thing most of you are missing......there will be NO RECORD of any offense......

DD

7. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Why do you continue to repeat these lies? Your ALL CAPS doesn't mean you are right. A traffic ticket in New York is an infraction. This is not an infraction - a misdemeanor is criminal conduct. Again, Domestic Violence is a misdemeanor offense everywhere unless there's serious injury, choking, priors, etc. Misdemeanor conviction is not the same as nothing.

You have a lot of anti-DA views that have nothing to do with anything except your own personal biases, based on zero actual info. But I'll tell you what I do as a DA when I have no case - I dismiss it. It's unethical to charge or plea a case you can't prove. You saying "it's typical" is wrong and based on your complete lack of knowledge of how the system works.

And, again, your lack of knowledge evidences when you say NO RECORD. That's not true. There will be a sealing, but not an expunction, if he completes his terms successfully.

Your totally reformed, definitely not a convicted violent criminal, peace loving friend KPJ WILL HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD when this is done. Full stop. I could run his record ten years from now and this guilty plea will show up.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At this point it is about having the last word.

HardenReturns and apollo33 like this.
  9. dobro1229

Its only “nothing” if you don’t care about domestic abuse.

I have a daughter and if her boyfriend plead guilty to a misdemeanor in relation to a violent episode with my daughter, her boyfriend would need secret service protection to keep me from beating him to a pulp.

So forgive me for caring about DA because I’m a father who cares about that kind of stuff. You can continue to believe it’s totally nothing and as long as there isn’t a felony conviction men should be allowed to commit misdemeanor DA and go about their lives without ramifications to their careers or personal lives.

I guess we just have different values man.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Sarcasm my man. I agree with you. I believe he is lucky to get away with nothing but the public embarrassment of the whole situation, but in my opinion, it’s crazy to label him as a child predator. That’s just not what happened here.

Easy likes this.
  11. DaDakota

So, if he yelled at your daughter, and got a misdemeanor assault charge you are doing what, exactly?

DD

12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Did she run bloodied and screaming through the hotel?

If so, I think most fathers would flip the script.

POS.

clos4life, MadMax and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. dobro1229

Again... you are living in a fantasy world with a separate made up set of facts. The guy pled guilty to domestic assault. Nowhere in the court documents does it say that he's pleading guilty to yelling at her. Again... HE PLED GUILTY. He is admitting... in court to some level of physical violence. You acting like you were there, and that you are the only one in the world the correct set of facts is just literally insane. Words really cannot describe how off your rocker you sound here.

You are capable of being a valuable veteran contributor around here, but I don't know why sometimes every couple of years you just literally lose it.

I hope you are able to take some time off and get your head back in a healthier space man. This is really disappointing to see. I know Roosh is taking some time off himself as he said to clear his head after a long season, and I appreciate that. I think it would be smart for quite a few folks here (maybe even myself too I suppose) to also step away here for a bit. Because getting this kind of stuff just is getting out of hand.

It's just basketball, and this kind of stuff shouldn't push you to try and obfuscate something like domestic assault just because you want to be right about a player you liked prior. It's insanity. I expect this from like Mets fans or Cleveland fans maybe. But Houston Rockets fans... come on man. We can do better than this.

15. foh

foh Member

Jee. The fathers on here, sure have a temper.

And the moral misdeveants sure want to have the last word.

Kpj is in Europe and Giddey is an Australian in Oklahoma. Both have nothing to do with us anymore. Chill

16. DaDakota

Geez....rookie psych majors....FFS. I get where you are coming from, this is a protect your daughter issue for you - emotional for sure - I respect that.

No one knows what happened, she didn't talk to the cops, disputed what the DA said, this was a way out for both parties, and it cleared the docket for NY, and for KPJ with no record.

If it was serious, none of that would have happened, so I believe Kyrse, not the DA, not the police who never talked to her that night - and said he broke her neck....in their report......before having to unwind that.

She is the only one saying what happened, and I believe her, no one else......and the facts are he plead to a misdemeanor - and I know you guys like to say....it is HUGE, it isn't......at all.......no record, no hitting, shoving, pushing...all felonies....

Anyway, you guys have your fun little KATER party - I will continue to hope he gets himself 100% right and matures into a productive NBA player and citizen.

DD

17. foh

foh Member

She say "he didn't hit me"? Care to post a link to her saying that?

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Entire thread should have ended after this post

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It should have been ended or at least moved once KPJ was no longer on the team... but we have to have somewhere for the usual suspects to clutch pearls and virtue signal.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's almost summer. People are supposed to be insufferable.

P.S.: It's crazy how long the NBA off-season is if you are not in the playoffs. When does the season start again? In half a year?