1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I don't like the font but it does look better seeing it as a complete uniform making the H seem smaller. I guess it is because I'm not staring at that H. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Traditional never goes out. Fads like slab culture come and go. It’s already on its last leg.

3. Slim

Slim Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2243 Slim, Apr 19, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
    conquistador#11 likes this.
  4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Disagree, traditional for one culture does not automatically equate to like and acceptance from another culture. I know they have great market research and are looking at certain population trends moving forward.

I understand not liking the design but this will be very good for business. This state is majority Hispanic now and that trend will continue exponentially - it's the correct market to cater to if you want to make money in Texas moving forward

macho GRANDE and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  5. SuraGotMadHops

I'm good with all of these, I think they hit a home run. For the folks going nuclear about how gaudy the H-town logo and helmet are, keep in mind it is the SECOND alternate - it's the one you have carte blanche to go aggressively whacky and that's ok, there are three other unis.

Texans will be hoisting the Lombardi trophy wearing the normal blue and white with the bull logo helmet, not the graffiti H...mark it.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, even though Hispanics are the slight majority, they don’t have the buying power to force those decisions.
    That’s why market research would dictate that font to be a 1-2 game only a year scenario.
    Also, a large portion of Hispanics, the overwhelming majority aren’t into hip hop/slab culture.

7. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The photo is meant to be taken in total jest and is part of the rebrand of Cal. He has leaned into his awkwardness. The fact that everyone knows that's not who he is is what makes the photo funny.

You may not like it, but it's worked very well for the most part.

Will have to see these uniforms, but don't like the H logo.

houstonstime, Blatz, Uprising and 3 others like this.
  9. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

ditto. Man ain’t getting a pit bull for a photo opp. That’s his own damn dog. He’s trying to be funny like when mattress Mac drank purp to sell sofas.

houstonstime likes this.
  10. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Also worth noting. Any merch sales within 26 miles of NRG go directly to Cal, anything outside that goes to the NFL to be divided amongst the other teams evenly. Best believe Cal is tapping Alief, Pasa(getdown)dena, NoffSide, MoCity

kdchilds, BMoney and FishBulb913 like this.
  11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The MLB comparison to the new look would be the Chicago White Sox and maybe the Detroit Tigers. Very unpopular teams and unsuccessful logos. A mistake has been made.

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure who the fans were that contributed to this design (if it's a real one), but that's not a good look and something I'd expect on more of a semi-pro European team. Has anyone on this forum admitted to being one of the fans who participated in the uniform design?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

the white Sox have had one of the highest merch sales nationally for the past 20 yrs per MLB. More than the cubs.

14. Mashing

Mashing Member

I love it myself as well.

15. Qan

Qan Member

Alright. I was outnumbered...not my choice.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  16. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Lol nobody is targeting the cholo market. That's not a win. As an aside, there's lots of different fonts in this picture. Who would have thought.

Anyway I'm on the record as not being a big old English fan but at the end of the day it's just a font and it's in a lot of places. It's not our main uniform so whatever. It's growing on me. Mostly because it's apparently very polarizing lol

Red.Glare likes this.
  17. Radricky

Radricky Member

18. Mashing

Mashing Member

I like this.

19. ths balla

ths balla Member

People in here claiming those outside of Houston know us for our rap scene and urban culture? LOL

Was in Boston for work and International Players Anthem came on, 4 millennials had NO CLUE who Bun B was, but they knew we had NASA and the Rodeo, cmon now yall.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Bro, it's the H-Town alternate - it's for H-Town, it's not for 4 millennials in Boston.