1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Says the guy that blames the USA for everything. I didn't realize you held such a grudge - thanks for coming clean. At least your country finally let women drive in 2018, and is getting better for women, I hope you are leading the charge for FULL equality there.

I would shake anyone's hand here, and get a beer or beverage with anyone - disagreeing about topics is natural - none of us will agree about everything.

RE: KPJ people are being emotional and not reviewing the known facts - but I get it, DV is a serious issue - and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I like KPJ, I think this was blown out of proportion by sloppy police work, and once Kyrse told her truth, it all fell apart as a case. I believe her and no one else, especially here when many hated KPJ already - he is gone as a Rocket, for now.....if he comes back in the league, I won't follow him if he is not on the Rockets much - as I am a Rocket's fan above being a player fan.

Anyway.....you guys take your shots.....it is what you want to do anyway.

I am rubber you are glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

;)

LOL

DD

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Same here man. Even when we agree to disagree, it's easier to do so when you feel the other person is operating from their heart instead of their ego.

alex_eg6 and GOATuve like this.
  3. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Exactly. It's so immature and pointless. You can educate me on something about Jalen Green. Why turn a blind eye?

Ego always gets in the way. L

Mathloom likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the issue with far too many here is that they operate from their heart rather than from their brain for one reason or another.

DaDakota likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

DD is a grown individual that can hold his own .......

This here clearly stated that Porter Jr admitted that he attacked his former GF........(how many times it is still not disclosed) (alcohol or drugs in his system is not disclosed)

He is guilty, but because they made a deal, he avoided Prison time (that is all).

Misdemeanor and harrassment do not mean his attacks were hitting at flies on the wall.....it just means they could not get him for something even more drastic......

He is deemed lucky to get out of there without prison time.

[​IMG]

https://nypost.com/2024/01/23/metro...in-nyc-hotel-will-avoid-jail-under-plea-deal/

#4585 daywalker02, Apr 17, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
  6. DaDakota

If you read that, he did no such thing - that is the NY Post who is known for sensationalizing stories....the headline is bombastic and leading and not accurate to what the content of what he pled to and what she said.....that is the problem - people only read headlines and don't dig into the facts anymore.

From the article

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking to The Post, Gondrezick said her injuries didn’t match up with what prosecutors were claiming, and blamed the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office and the police for fibbing about what happened.

“He didn’t hit me. He never balled his fists up and hit me,” Gondrezick said at the time. “And he definitely didn’t punch me in the face numerous times. That is a lie. I don’t have any injuries to support that.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIgh.

He plead guilty to wreckless endangerment - you need better sources.

Gondrezick told the New York Post in October that she and Porter argued “for not even 10 seconds” in their room at the Millennium Hilton near the United Nations. She told TMZ in November that her injuries were the result of falling and hitting her head when Porter startled her awake when he came back to the room after a night out.

“He didn’t hit me. He never balled his fists up and hit me,” Gondrezick told the Post. “And he definitely didn’t punch me in the face numerous times. That is a lie. I don’t have any injuries to support that.”

DD

7. Mathloom

Supporting Member

@GOATuve luckily he showed his true colors voluntarily so you don't have to do a search of his history.

Here in his quote he's describing Saudi Arabia. I'm not Saudi Arabian nor have I ever lived there and absolutely despise that women weren't allowed to drive in Saudi. DD assumes because I'm partially from some brown people place, it must be all the same. This is after we've tried to educate him repeatedly on it. That's like if I blamed him for Hitler's actions because they share the same skin color. You can only laugh at this stunning lack of self awareness.

#4587 Mathloom, Apr 17, 2024
    GOATuve and Believe It! like this.
  8. DaDakota

I was referencing the UAE and you know it.....but you are conflating which shows your lack of honesty and weakness of character.

"In June 2018, the UAE lifted its ban on women driving. Emirati women over the age of 18 can now legally drive in Dubai and the rest of the UAE."

Anyway, this is not a personal thread, it should remain on the subject matter - if possible but I guess my DDingleberries can't help themselves.

DD

#4588 DaDakota, Apr 17, 2024
  9. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DD is simply upset that a nothing burger got KPJ thrown in to the Greece (League).

Believe It! likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. DaDakota

I am not upset in any way - I just hope that he truly matures, and is able to rise above the challenges.

Everyone likes a good comeback story - well, not everyone I guess.

DD

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If double d utilize his mental gymnastics to defend green as hard as he does kpj on anything basketball, I wouldn't b bothered by how the man is still defending kpj.

Quite disgusting to see someone go to bat for a woman abuser, kpj isn't on the team anymore u don't have to behave as a kpj onlyfan double d

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

DD, you're like 50 years old. It can't be that you are so naive that you can't read the articles to see what he pled to, or look up the statute in New York to see the elements. He pled to a misdemeanor reckless assault charge and a misdemeanor harrassment. The words "wreckless" (lol) and "endangerment" are not in the name of the statute. It was, in fact, an assault, and it did, in fact, cause injury. Thats what he pled to.

Again, not true. Just look at what constitutes misdemeanor assault. This is all disingenuous on your end, I feel. You understand the nature of the charges and the plea and choose to look the other way.

There's not ZERO RECORD and it IS like hitting someone and it IS something that can get sealed (not expunged), which is not the same as it never happening. Not at all. The legalities of sealing a record in NY state have nothing to do with actual innocence to the charges.

If I thought actually trying to educate you on criminal procedure and practice would be helpful, I'd be happy to, but you don't have any real interest. You just want to use whatever fiction you can create to help your man crush.

14. DaDakota

Misdemeanor - which is nothing - it literally isn't hitting, slapping, pushing, shoving - all of which would be felony assault.

In the end I think this boils down to whom do you believe?

The police or the victim.

I don't believe the police in cases against African American men, they tend to exaggerate and lie on their reports....I do believe Kryse in her statements about what happened - now some folks would say she said those things to get paid off - no evidence of that, but sure if that is what you believe - fine.

I prefer to take her at her word and believe that they got into an argument - she hit her head on the wall - and that was that...I don't think he hit her, or choked her or anything like that, just a drunken argument - which is what she said happened.

Therefore I don't LEAP to conclusions about it being a serious matter of DV - I think it was an unfortunate argument between 2 adults.....

Now, I know a lot of people here can't stand KPJ so their judgement is clouded by that - I get it......I don't happen to be one of them - to me, he has been an immature player with great talent - and I wanted to see him with Ime - and believe we would be in the playoffs THIS year if this incident didn't happen.

So, I am rooting for a comeback story of maturation - I get that others aren't .....but most of them are biased big time going in...and conflate the facts.

You didn't, but you also didn't talk about how minor misdemeanor charges are - they are literally nothing - which is why his record will be erased - because, the incident was literally nothing, IMHO.

DD

15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

That's funny, my mother has been driving on and off in the UAE since the late 70's. There has never been a ban on females driving in the UAE. Ever. You are confusing your brown people DD.

So now let's add to that all the positions you've taken on non-white people that you're using xenophobic sources with fake confidence. What a charade. Who knows what else you've sourced this way. That head must be full of this stuff. Maybe don't get your human rights info from beamsafedriver.com just one time. If you're going to sneakily research for something to turn into an ad hominem attack, you can't make a fool of yourself in the process. Do better. Be better.

The only country that lifted a ban on women driving in 2018 is Saudi Arabia. But it's all the same to you isn't it? Let me help you: UAE is the one where we've been drinking and partying non-stop since the 80's, where Israelis flocked as soon as the doors opened, where we have synagogues/churches/mosques/temples side by side, where women have a higher average salary than men. The people who need help here are not women or homeless or unemployed. It's the laborers with low paying jobs and overcrowded accommodation. I dare you to ask me what I've done for the laborers. I double dare you punk.

I'm not surprised you'd like to move on. Sure, let's do that. Neither of us need to bury you any further, you're doing a wonderful job of it on your own.

#4595 Mathloom, Apr 17, 2024
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Taking the emotions out of it and not considering him an Ex Rocket
    He is the prototypical jail bird......he does not have to sit in prison to have that mentality....

It is unfortunate that his Dad did an unbelievable thing shooting a girl in the parking lot and therefore sending young Kevin onto this path........

Seattle has hard ballers, Rafael Stone is also originally from Seattle, that is why they had that geographical chemistry.

That is how Stone got the meeting with Paolo Banchero who also hails from Seattle.

#4596 daywalker02, Apr 17, 2024
  17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The fact that you can’t see that what you are claiming others are guilty of applies to you just as much if not more is really the best part of your argument.

You like KPJ more than anyone not related to him. So you are letting that cloud your judgement.

You, KPJs biggest fan, are biased big time going in.

I’d also be interested in a logical explanation of the timeline of events where a non physical argument where she did not feel threatened in any way resulted in her hitting her head on the wall.

Powerful sneeze?

18. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Please, don't bring race into this. "Cops are biased against African American men." You'd be saying the same thing if this was about Spanoulis or any of your other crushes over the years, most of whom historically are white dudes.

It WAS Domestic Violence, in that this was violent, she sustained an injury, and she was his girlfriend. He pled to it. It is not a leap to conclusion to say he was convicted of DV, when he pled guilty to DV.

You say I failed to "talk about how minor misdemeanor charges are - they are literally nothing." You know what's a misdemeanor charge in Texas? Domestic Violence. DWI. MOST crimes are misdemeanors. They aren't "nothing" just because they don't rise to the felony level. Someone hits you, they have committed a misdemeanor unless you sustained GBI. It's not nothing just because you weren't seriously injured. I don't think KPJ should have gone to prison for what he did. But it wasn't "nothing". GTFO with that hot take. If it was your daughter or your sister who was the victim of a domestic violence incident, you wouldn't say it was "nothing" just because it was only misdemeanor conduct.

19. DaDakota

Greatest song about DV ever written.

I hear you all - I don't agree that it was a major infraction.

Peace!

DD

20. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then there are souless nerds like you spouting ignorant nonsense......

duluth111222 and HardenReturns like this.