1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

What shirt is that at 13:30 mark? Orange

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

That's red. That's the practice jerseys.

Blatz likes this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I saw on the instagram post that they had 4 cubbies for uniforms:
    Classic traditional /classic but modern (this has a picture of the newly released white ones in it) / bold bull / h-town and tough

guessing those are the themes for the other 3. Bold bull sounds exciting.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Doug: “What we heard from the fan base, on the Texans side, how can you represent Texas? When you look at your core uniform, how do you honor that timeless, classic Texans look that is clearly based on the Texas flag?

Then when you look at our logo, there’s a lot of pride in the bull. So the next challenge was how does the uniform possibly bring the bull, the bull head, the horns to life differently than just putting a logo on the back of a uniform?

Assignment two was how do you represent H-Town? In H-Town, we have a lot of fan feedback about capturing the grit and toughness of this city and number two, capture the boldness, the passion and creativity. That’s why we drove hard on finding a way to make H-Town Blue part of the brand, part of the uniform. Fans told us that’s one easy way to represent them. It’s their color.

When you look at the uniform set, we hoped we solved some of those things that the fans clearly asked, if you can do these things, your uniforms will better represent H-Town going forward.

Cal: There’s a lot of firsts in the uniform. As we work through this, we’ll peel that back. Doug will be a big part of that and letting the fans know all the firsts because there’s a lot of firsts.

Doug: In 2022, we started selling Texans merch that just had a H on the chest. Just a simple H. Fans were telling focus groups “Wow, we love that merch.” Fans said “When I wear Texans gear, I’m repping my city. We love repping the H. What do you think about that Texans?” We poked more, “Do you just want a new H on more hoodies, hats and shirts?” Some challenged us more and said “Maybe it’d be cool if that was on a sleeve or back of a jersey or how do you rep the H on the uniform?” We took that challenge seriously so we’ll see what we do with that.

Some fans want timeless traditional, honor the past with a little refresh. Some want to get bold and crazy with the times. Those were the two things we took away. Is there a way to marry these two very different things?

Cal: We tried to come up not with just one uniform but four uniforms, a whole closet of uniforms. I think the fans will like it.

Hannah: A little tradition while pushing to today’s age group. I think you’ll see that.

Doug: Over 4 uniforms, we’ve delivered something different on each one based on fan feedback. Our hope is when you look across the four, if every fan can find one or two, “that was my feedback, the Texans listened.” We’ve done our job.

red5rocket likes this.
  6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

extra crispy?

houstonstime likes this.
  7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. War Machine

War Machine Member

Ngl I lol’d at this.

10. Put You On Game

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

upload_2024-4-15_12-57-36.gif

mikol13 likes this.
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Man, I'm like a little kid about this. So excited.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm actually expecting one of the helmets to be the bull horns or just have an H on it in the font we all know. I expect the Houston uniform will have the Gothic H-Town across the front.

Not sure how I'll feel. But I'm also like a kid waiting for the first day of school.

houstonstime and Rvo384 like this.
  14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

H Town Blue primary colored jersey, with a red helmet would be dope, I think.

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

With there being a third helmet, I prefer that to H Town Blue. I doubt we wear the third helmet more than once.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  18. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Doesn’t that 5 look new??? If so, the Bull uniform looks red-on-red.

Blatz likes this.
  20. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think so too. Also, Bulls and the color red are synonymous