1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, where's everyone at with Jalen going into next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Apr 5, 2024.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe it’s a speech impediment. Bet you feel mean now ;)

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haha maybe but I have had the chance to observe kids that some do speak thru the nasal parts a lot, and practitioners always tell them or us to seek a speech therapist. If you have a chance with a young one, you might have experience with that.

His friend Jaygup said he wanted be an actor or musician so they have to train their voices....if that is a 2nd job he was going to pursue.

Roomba likes this.
  3. pippsux

pippsux Member

Imma keep mine simple.

Not a max player
    Not a franchise player
    Trade him

Y2JT, DaDakota and Arda like this.
  4. cml750

cml750 Member

I was in the same place prior to his streak. The streak made me want to see how starts off next season and how he looks with a healthy Alpi. If he doesn't start next season playing well then trade his ass. If they trade him this offseason to capitalize on his value after his streak I would have zero issues with that.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Very clearly mentioned the shot selection issue and his percentages on jumpers. We're only talking about 3PT%, not his entire game.

Also, it's default. If I say X number of things are obstacles, it means the entire rest of the accountability is on Jalen. Everyone understands that. I don't know why in your mind you think this takes accountability away from Jalen. It's not my assumption.

6. invocux

invocux Member

My main argument was:

"You can't go from an unplayable player to franchise cornerstone in matter of weeks. No athlete in history took such leap in such a short time"

I was obviously right because humans are not built like that. Even Bolt gradually improved his record and then ran 9:58. He wasn't kind of an athlete who never ran under 10 seconds then suddenly ran under 9.60. This is Marvel logic. Some bug bites some kid and he becomes superhuman. It's idealistic approach to life which is how they want you to think. They want to cut your organic connection with reality to make you vulnerable for brainwashing. This was the direct outcome of not reading Marx and Engels.

He doesn't have a good shooting form. It's not terrible but his release point is still relatively low and when he jumps he doesn't jump straight up in the air rather goes slightly left, right or backwards. When you watch Desmond Bane shoot the ball you see how bad Jalen's form is. Also he can't just catch and shoot. He needs to touch it, play with it then maybe he will make that 3 pointer but we can't let him be so ball dominant like Harden. Harden is twice the player he is.

He only looks good against subpar teams because they don't know how to guard him and his confidence grows and grows so he continues balling out. Good teams know how to disrupt his game and generally speaking when he gets knocked down he can't get up. That's what seperates good players from great players. Great players can make adjustments. That's why Tyson Fury is better than Wilder because he can analyze the situation he's in and come up with a different gameplan while if you hurt Wilder it's over.

So what happened is that he learned that he was going to become a dad and it coincided with the easiest schedule ever and he looked like a superstar. 1 in a million chance. It obviously fooled enough people into believing that he was the guy to built around. These people can only live in the moment so can't really blame them for that.

cml750, Entropy, Shark44 and 3 others like this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Blast him into the sun.

8. NewAge

NewAge Member

I’d offer him Dillon Brooks type money. Good kid, conscientious, and when he’s ON he can move the scoreboard like nobody else on the roster.
    $20mil p.a. may be an overpay, but is not outrageous, and there’s still a possibility for a pop…

Of course, I’d pay even less if I could, but I don’t think he’s taking less than that. he’s always had a bit inflated sense of himself, understandable given the athletic talent and the hype… Even $20M may take some serious convincing by agents and family, for him to get realistic…

Y2JT likes this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Let's pray my brother in Christ.

Roomba likes this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would be okay with that--a roughly $100M deal over four years would be my best offer if I'm Stone. Otherwise, you go to RFA and see what you can earn.

NewAge likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think right now, no extension should be offered at all, he hasn't earned it. I'm not sure the team should want Jalen Green around for another 4 years at any price and certainly not 25 mil a year.

If he comes out next season and shows that he's finally become a completely different caliber of player than he's ever been before, that's when you offer him 4/100.

GotGame15, J Rock, Y2JT and 2 others like this.
  12. zjcblord21

zjcblord21 Member

Beijing is no problem for me, should be within 30mins depending on traffic. If you are in the west side, then maybe a bit more time.:D See you in two years!

J Rock and Roomba like this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’ve been to that city twice. I bet it’s nuts living there. Personally I’d rather live in Shanghai or Hong Kong.

Easy and Roomba like this.
  14. MystikArkitect

March/April is irrelevant when projecting players. The shitty teams have started mailing it in and even the good teams are going through the motions. Take Jalen's best month out, take his worst month out....and that's who Jalen is.

Was reading a thread on Scoot Henderson and the conversation largely revolved around how players trick fanbases in the months of March/April. Right now the Jazz fans are fawning over Kenneth Lofton. Johnny Davis averaging 15 PPG. Mikal Bridges last year.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  15. zjcblord21

zjcblord21 Member

I agree with you. Personally, I prefer Shanghai than Beijing.

16. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Uh oh…doesn’t look like I’ll be able to weasel my way out of this one :eek:

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. zjcblord21

zjcblord21 Member

Haha it's ok. In the end, I do wish him to become an all-star.

AroundTheWorld and Roomba like this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He clearly showed some improvement this year in terms of advanced metrics WS, VORP and BPM. However, it definitely wasn't the leap a lot of us were hoping for. I'm not ready to dump him by any means because we all saw his potential as an elite level scorer for stretches and some games this season.

He needs to get serious about his 3pt shooting specifically, that would greatly improve his efficiency. As of now he's probably on track for a Devin Vassell type of extension, but I wouldn't offer it to him yet this offseason.

Easy likes this.
  19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Big Jalen fan , buy they should definitely wait and see how he plays next year before offering a new contract. If I was him I'd want to. He knows he regressed this year until that great stretch. If he comes in and plays like that from the get next year he'll be in line for a huge payday. If he's inefficient for most of the season, he'll either be traded or offered probably something between Porter and Brooks contract.

AroundTheWorld and J Rock like this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If Jalen can have a Vassell type production going forward, less 3pt shooting, more at rim, I'll be satisfied. He'd be worth around 20-25M per.

AroundTheWorld and mfastx like this.