1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Build around Alperen and Amen.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I'm higher on Green than most, but I haven't seen enough consistently to put him in the same category as Sengun and Amen. I'd be fine keeping Green, and I'd also be fine trading him towards an established All Star.

Patience likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What is consistency though?

Is Amen having the same responsibility and the same defensive attention that Green has to say that one is more consistent than the other?

Richie_Rich likes this.
  3. Houston77

Supporting Member

Amen's responsibility isn't to be the #1 offensive option. As an all-purpose forward and defensive presence, he's been incredibly consistent. Similarly, Sengun was pretty darn consistent as our offensive hub until he went down. Green has been up and down in his role as our primary offensive creator at guard. I get the role is tough, but that's the role we need. Perhaps it's Green, perhaps it's Cam, perhaps it's someone we trade for. I'm just not 100% convinced yet that it's Green.

Richie_Rich, BamBam, Holybats and 3 others like this.
  4. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Amen needs to that lesson even more…

5. Houston77

Supporting Member

He's a center. I'd love for him to develop a 3, but no matter what I'm giving him the max. You always give the rookie scale max to guys like Sengun.

Holybats and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm more confused it's green than anyone on this roster besides Sengun.

Again look at Amen and Cam plays and look at how much space they score against and how much they score against defenses that aren't set vs Green

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree that it's too soon, but I do agree that he has some bad habits and rough parts of his game that need to get ironed out.

His talent level alone puts him on the list for me.

I mean, the same is true of Amen and he might have even more to work on than Cam.

8. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

That's fair and there's no question the talent is there. No argument from me. It will be an important offseason for him.

Amen is so much more well rounded then Cam and he plays both sides of the ball. Cam just plays passing lanes right now on defense. Amen needs some semblance of a jumper though. That and tightening his handle should be his entire offseason. However Jason Kidd fixed his jumper should be Amen's focus

9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

The last 3 games, the playmaking lightbulb has been turned on for Cam (4,4 & 5 assists is small sample, but solid production). With that happening, I agree he's on the list--kid is just such a dynamic scorer and I like the edge he has as well.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

The entire team needs to learn to shoot the 3 TBH.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Whoever they are building around (which is just a hollow saying)

You should assemble Shooters regardless.

12. NewAge

NewAge Member

these two are the fastest processors on the team, they seem to know what’s happening and what to do next, quickly.
    that’s very important in today’s game

AroundTheWorld likes this.