1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

War in The Middle East: Iran Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Mar 12, 2022.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that’s quite a take.

K9Texan likes this.
  2. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

laughing-kamala-harris.gif

3. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

dobro apparently gets great smoke!

basso likes this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Neither Iran nor Israel can afford this war with much bigger problems facing them.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

And that's why level-headed leaders wouldn't escalate. The US already gave a way out for Israel to move on, and Israel should do so. They should take the win. They attacked a "military" target in their view, killed more than a dozen including senior Iranian military leaders, and in retaliation, Iran telegraphed a retaliation that they carried out at a snail's pace against Israeli "military" targets that barely landed. Move on.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Israel, under their current leadership, does not respects the US, and that's because they know they have a political stranglehold on US politicians.

8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yo @Space Ghost, keep your wack comrades in check.

I'm wondering if those warmongering fools demanded Trump to unleash hell on Iran after their biggest ballistic missile strike ever against our troops. It didn't kill anybody, but still messed up 110 of our service members with concussions and brain injuries, doing more damage than yesterday Iran's strike on Israel.

FranchiseBlade and dobro1229 like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The people who keep on saying they things were peaceful under Trump seem to miss this part.

FranchiseBlade and dobro1229 like this.
  11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This attack brought me out of my real hiatus.

I was relieved to see the missile interceptors successfully knock down nearly all the missiles except the ones that hit the airforce base. I disagree this was purely symbolic but was supposed to inflict pain on the Israelis. But I do think it was a tempered response to say “hey we will attack you” and the results speak for themselves.

I am on the fence for what’s next. This may be over because we are not going to back an Iranian expedition by the IDF and Russia has said they’ll back Iran too. But part of me feels like just as Iran had to respond to the consulate attack, Israel has to respond to this attack and with force. Whether that means attacks on the IRGC or the nuclear plants, it will show that Israel won’t be bullied by the IRGC. I think they may proceed on their own because while we don’t fight the war for them, politically I think they will have to.

Jordan is going to be interesting to watch. Will the Jordanian response be used to forment civil unrest? Probably. Will it lead to another tendril in the Iranian Middle East, probably not.

I’ll post a few more but I am logging off again after that.

Plowman and K9Texan like this.
  12. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that Trump should have responded.

You do know that Iranian Soleimani was behind the Benghazi attack, right?

basso likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Israel doesn't have to respond with force, just like the US didn't respond with force. In both cases, Iranian military personnel were killed by US and Israeli strikes, and they responded against US and Israeli military targets. The US response after that was with sanctions. Israel's next response - we'll see.

14. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

There was less conflict but I wouldn't use the word "peaceful".

15. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Israel just suffered a barrage of 300+ missiles. They must respond and hit Iran in Iran, just as Iran did to Israel.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you think that Trumps love fest for Putin has no geopolitical ramifications and doesn’t change the calculus of Iran in their decisions made then you truly are on another level of ignorance.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Trump made the right decision by heeding the advice of smarter individuals, who counseled against a military response from the US, and opted for additional sanctions.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Suffered basically no damages. Take the win and move on.

19. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree. This attack was unprecedented and is an escalation. Israel needs to inflict serious damage on Iran in order to discourage future attacks and THEN it can sit back.

basso likes this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump's statements that believed Putin over the United States Intel services in public, Trump's weakening of NATO, Trump's saying Putin and do "whatever the hell he wants", are just some of the things that lead people to believe Trump is pro Putin.

The only folks being tricked are those that ignore the evidence.