1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Portland game, poor stat keeping?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Good Times, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Good Times

Good Times Member

Am I missing something, first time I’ve watched a game live in a while and I counted a couple of times where it looks like Amen should have gotten an assist. For instance, in the 4th quarter Jock scored at the 111 mark and they didn’t give the assist to Amen. Instead the assist went to Jabari who did not touch the ball.

Stats are a bit of a pet peeve for me, as a kid I’ve been a stat watcher and I swear to this day Hakeem should have had at least one more quadruple double game in his career. This was before the days of social media and it drove me nuts as I rewatched the game (recorded on VHS) where Hakeem was robbed of an assist which should have counted but the stat people missed it which would have given Hakeem the quadruple. Unfortunately I’ve long lost that tape. Anyhow I hope the stat people get it right now that we have all the playback in the world to confirm the stats for the players and games today.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised ‘Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest player to ever play basketball’ post.

clos4life, crose, Jontro and 4 others like this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i noticed this in real time too, thought he had 7 assts at that point but blazers broadcast reported differently

don grahamleone and RudyTBag like this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ll take as many of these as I can get! :)

clos4life, xiki, GOATuve and 2 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thinly disguised Portland ran Gleaguers out there.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

they also do that in 2k. I'd make a dope pass and the big sorta lost control of the ball for 1 second before recovering and then dunking the ball, but I didn't get the assist cus breh almost lost it for a second. fukk u 2k, jontro should've averaged 20 apg but instead got 19.9 for the season.

SamFisher likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And you were the king of pick up games.

Jontro likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

im always the team captain of my pickup team too. cus brehs be jelly and never pick me, so i always have to call next and pick my own team.

daywalker02 and topfive like this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wasn’t the Hakeem story that he was first given the quadruple double, then Stern took it away a day or two later? But Hakeem proceeded to achieve it in another game later in the season. Because … Hakeem.

10. Good Times

Good Times Member

I didn’t mean for this to digress, anyone know how can we get the game stats corrected so Amen gets the assist he deserves?