1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, where's everyone at with Jalen going into next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Apr 5, 2024.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure... but as a 19/20 year old, Wemby is already better than Jalen has ever been.

Arda likes this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

**** Wemby.

slothy420, Genesis, Patience and 3 others like this.
  3. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

WTF am I reading? I’m not a fan of Green’s wobbly consistency but a bust? Come on now. Growth is nonlinear, he’s shown enough to stay away from that tag.

backwardhead likes this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Two unhappy scenarios

1) We trade him folks will say we didn't give him enough time. Didn't orient the offense around him. That Ime didn't like him, bla bla bla.
    2) We keep him, folks will say we missed our best opportunity while his value was high or that he isnt the max guy we need, bla bla bla.

Two scenarios where folks are happy.

3) We keep him and he become Mr. Consistent and takes the season by storm.
    4) We trade him, get a decent return, but does terrible for his new team.

5) But the most likely one is that we keep him and we get a marginally better rerun of Jalen 2023/24.

[​IMG]

subtomic likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Honestly, that would be a hilarious plot twist.

cml750 and Nook like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Out of curiosity, what do you think he's shown?

Should a #2 overall player in his 3rd season be bottom 15 in the entire league in FG% and 3 point%?

Should a #2 pick in their 3rd season be bottom 30 in the entire league in TS%?

Should a #2 pick in their 3rd season need to be benched 15-20 times by their coach for lack of effort and being an active detriment to the team?

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't want to be out on him. I flip flop on him as his performances flip flop.

Corrosion, Patience, cml750 and 2 others like this.
  8. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I think give him another year with the staff to find his version of "consistency" then decide by the trade deadline. He's shown me that much. I'd also like him to spend time with Professor Henry Higgins in between his str/cond workouts and 3 point shooting drills. "The defense in sense, make offense less intense."

subtomic likes this.
  9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

You may recall how frustrated I was with Steve Francis…unfair to Steve was he was the heir apparent to a group that won back to back titles. But damn man, if you can’t run a 3 on 2 fast break, you’re not as great as you think you are. Listening to him acknowledge the same mistakes every night in postgame interviews only to see him keep making the same damn mistakes killed me.

Jalen frustrates me way worse than Steve. Way worse. I never questioned Steve’s “want to.” I questioned his basketball IQ…I have a lot of questions about Jalen’s “want to.”

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jalen will eventually become "consistent" either consistently meh or consistently great. I think we will probably see it next season.

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

Steve was also a product of his era where the league was fixated upon finding a replacement for Jordan's superstardom and everyone was out to prove they were the ones to do it. Every guard was playing like they were interviewing for the role of "The Guy". It was all one-on-five, iso BS that ran its course because it wasn't winning basketball. That was a very frustrating time to watch basketball for sure, like today, but in a much different way.

MadMax likes this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Member

His streak was good enough to keep him to see how he does next year but if there is extended time on the bottom of the yoyo again starting the season (which is his pattern) they should trade him at the deadline.

13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I hope so, but I see absolutely no evidence of it.

AroundTheWorld and Easy like this.
  14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I would probably give them one first and Jalen.

15. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

harold bingo likes this.
  16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Too much IMO. In spite of it all, at present, I'd say Jalen's value is at least the 6-8 pick in next season's draft.

I was surprised when I heard the asking price for Murray was only two late firsts (extension and all), after the Hawks gave up so much.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And then there was the plot twist and they chose to keep Murray over Trae Young......on the surface of couse.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is a much bigger chance that he stays this way.....his highs become higher, maybe he strings together more than 1 month of good play.....

And then falls off the flat earth after he got paid.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So I see you didn't answer ANY of the questions, so let's try this again.

What do you think he's shown?

Should a #2 overall player in his 3rd season be bottom 15 in the entire league in FG% and 3 point%?

Should a #2 pick in their 3rd season be bottom 30 in the entire league in TS%?

Should a #2 pick in their 3rd season need to be benched 15-20 times by their coach for lack of effort and being an active detriment to the team?

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Do. Not. Max.

That's where I am.

jim1961, Rokman and AroundTheWorld like this.