1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, where's everyone at with Jalen going into next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Apr 5, 2024.

1. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah lol that's exactly what I'm saying, or what I was trying to say. I coulda worded it better. But I meant Jalen at his very very best has been a better player than JC at his very very best, if you set aside the inconsistency and poor performances. But you obviously can't just ignore that stuff.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't see that. Scoring is supposed to be Jalen's #1 thing. JC has a higher career high in pts and it was done with tremendous efficiency and W for the team

JG needs to put together a complete year before claims like he's better than so and so ever was become valid.

consistency makes the better player not lack of. Right now all he is is 3 years of flashes of potential but more filled with inefficiency and inconsistency

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Last night wasn't Jalen's fault, there was an old woman conference in town so he was understandably exhausted from activities off the court. GMILF's everywhere as far as the eye could see, it's basically his kryptonite.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Clarkson was also one guy that was severely overlooked in the middle of the 2nd round......

He is probably up there slightly worse than D'Angelo Russell before his run. (another 2nd round pick)

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I want to say trade him but I don’t see many difference makers/star players we could trade him for. I want Ant but that ain’t happening. Don’t want Trae, Donovan Mitchell, Paul George or Bridges. It’s not much out there. I would take Lauri from the Jazz but he’s not a big difference maker. We might be forced to keep this kid.

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Move two late firsts for Dejounte, then send Jalen out for a stud SF.

7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

We would have to give up Jabari for Dejounte and tbh I wouldn’t mind it.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’d prefer trading Jalen for Dejounte. We need Bari’s size and shooting. He went from 30%-37% 3pt shooting in one season. One can see a pathway to 40% in the next few seasons. He’s still super frustrating and inconsistent, but he’s a year younger and is bound to be better when he grows into his body. Doesn’t have Jalen’s star potential but he’s got a higher floor. If we are keeping Amen and Sengun we need shooters.

Corrosion, Crashlanded19 and Y2JT like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Jalen Green should hire Roosh this summer

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Nah. Let's call it as it is... It was Alpi's fault. Even when Alpi's not playing, he's slowing the offense down and hindering Jalen Green from being a star.

11. Sengoat28

Sengoat28 Member

I dont understand why Houston Rockets fans dont accept the fact that green is a bust. It happens in every draft jear that 1 or 2 from top 5 draft picks are bust or just a role player. And green is for sure a bust. Accept the true and move on there are other good young players in Houston like sengun, tari and amen who can be a force and help Rockets team to play in maybe 3 jears for the title.

utgrad97, Arda, Y2JT and 1 other person like this.
  12. Strawberry Gum

Sengun:

[​IMG]

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought the Hawks were asking for a couple of firsts.

14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Good point. Very possible!

15. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

How so??? Jalen Green has not been consistent EVER! Jordan Clarkson also avg 20 points per game last season as a Starter, but he's more proficient as a 6th man.
    Same for Jamal Crawford...he could get you 20 per game as a Starter, but his role served better as a 6th Man...Jalen Green has yet to show that he can make his team better. Only thing he can do is score, which is inconsistent. That's why he's benched by Udoka when he's not hitting his shot because he can't do anything else proficient -> turnover prone (can't create good looks for his teammates), below average defender (though his defensive effort has improved), and basketball IQ is mediocre

16. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I agree, I’m just looking at it from ATL’s perspective. I would give up Jalen for him and move Fred’s contract in another trade to get more shooting. Jalen and a first should do the trick, but they may want 2 picks

17. Nook

Nook Member

I understand what you are saying - but I don't think it would work that way with him. He would likely shoot more if he shoot better from 3 - they would also have to guard him closer than now. He doesn't have an issue being a volume shooter when he shoots well like some players.

I will admit though - for at least a year or two, even if he scores 25+ points a game next year I will in the back of my head for awhile wonder when the other shoe will drop.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Why? Because last month he averaged 28 points a game and was one of the 5 best players in the league for an entire month.

BigMaloe likes this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Even these assholes get it!

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

While yes, this is clearly the correct answer, it's crazy that those 8 or 9 good games are enough for so many to ignore 3 years of poor performances.

Arda likes this.