1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamas attacks Israel: Yom Kippur War, 50 years on

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 7, 2023.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That goes without being said, you’ve precisely shown exactly which/what sorts of opinions you rely on, it’s primarily the reason you’re having a collective duce taken on your face.

Rogan podcasts, tweets, YouTube videos are a great way to inform yourself. Nobody can stop you from being an idiot, you have that freedom.
    Don’t presume to lecture others or lay blame to millions of people under extermination however

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'll continue saying what I want. Thanks.

And trust me, I take having you and fchow upset with me as an affirmation. You are both intellectually and morally calibrated as wrongly as can be as far as this subject is concerned.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LPH is actually intelligent. Even fchowd is not a complete imbecile.

It has to do with the propaganda they consume, based on their respective backgrounds.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I was so wrong initially about Fetterman. What a mensch.

tinman likes this.
  5. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

No I don't. And if you spent more than about 5 seconds reading my posts on the matter instead just reflexively rage posting in response to op-eds that trigger you (which you haven't even bothered to form an argument against, BTW) you would know that.

Pearl clutching makes you look weak at best and stupid at worst.

An unserious response for an unserious person.

#8745 DonnyMost, Apr 11, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
  6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You sound pretty offended. You took a stance…, stand by it and own it. Getting shat on for bragging about learning so much from a Rogan guest and Sam Harris YouTube video shouldn’t surprise you.

I didn’t volunteer any sort of insight into your vapid assessment and takes, you for some reason came out thinking we would think you were cool and smart for sharing. And now you’re swinging upwards, speaking of weak…Jesus

did Howard stern or Kimmel have any cool new information you’d like to share? Keep us posted brother. God forbid you share something before seeking YouTube/celebrity validation

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I'm not very keen on having beliefs and attitudes ascribed to me that I don't hold. Especially by intellectually dishonest assholes.

Your inability to form an argument is noted. Based on your behavior and capacity to this point I assume this is actually a win for all of us not having to read whatever complete nonsense you would have inevitably **** out onto the keyboard.

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Why is it my job to lecture or re-iterate rudimentary points that have been made ad nauseum page after page when all you do is seek validation from YouTube celebrities?

it’s almost like you’re holding me responsible for how you’ve turned out.

9. Buck Turgidson

Putting scare quotes around the word Palestinian was a quality move by the usual guy.

Nook, mtbrays, DonnyMost and 2 others like this.
  10. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Yeah, not a great look.

I was particularly taken aback by this response to the territorial side of the dispute.

Being so dismissive of the identity and sovereignty of a people is kinda... ick.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The "Palestinians" do not hate Jews because of land. The conflict isn't primarily about land. There is no amount of land you could give to the "Palestinians" so they would stop murdering Jews. They would want to continue until they would have killed all the Jews.

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Nope, I would congratulate Biden on figuring out what used to be America's stated position, "We do not negotiate with terrorists."
    I doubt you will find many posters more consistent than me on policy, regardless of the politicians involved. It really should come as no surprise that a libertarian is frequently in opposition to Biden.
    When it comes to conflict anywhere, rule of thumb is to win so totally and decisively that the enemy loses all will to oppose you. It has been that way for thousands of years. Rome vs. Carthage, US vs. Japan, etc.

AroundTheWorld and DonnyMost like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you agree that in the 21st Century deliberately killing the children of your enemy and raising their city to the ground like Rome did to Carthage is an acceptable strategy?

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To remind people who seem to selectively quote history that after WWII the allies heavily invested in rebuilding both Germany and Japan. Unlike what Rome did to Carthage.

After WWI the allies had a policy of humiliating Germany and took steps to prevent the Germans from regrowing their economy. That was one of the reasons for the rise of Nazism.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

"Open air prison"

tinman likes this.
  16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you really extrapolating what you think life was like in Gaza based on an Instagram video of a resort?

There are beach resorts in Cuba. Do you think that's what life is like all over the island?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's the whole problem. People that watch only certain types of videos and media, have that same type of videos fed to them over and over. Then they think because they watched so many videos they surely have an idea of what it is really like there, what the people are like there, and feel their evidence proves it.

Sadly, it gives them an incredibly biased and unrealistic view. That's before we even get into how the videos are selectively edited with additional editorial commentary thrown in.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Cuba is responsible for its own economic issues. So is Gaza. If they had invested into non-hateful education and into non-terrorist infrastructure, they would be in a much better place.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Another reason why the civilian causality argument of Germans is an inaccurate comparison:

The Brits and Americans did what they did to German cities like Dresden not to liberate Germans and oppressed minorities such as Jews and Romani from the Nazis. That wasn't their goal.

They did their bombings of those German cities because Nazi Germany had a conventional war machine of epic proportions that invaded the sovereignty of trading partners of the Americans and the Brits while also threatening the sovereignty of the British by actually doing bombing runs within Britain to the point the Brits and Americans had legitimate fear that Nazi Germany would upend the international hegomonic order with American and Britain at the head of the hegomony.

They did what they did because they feared the Nazis would alter the world hegemonic order. That's it. That's the reason.

The most depressing part about WW2 is if the Nazis kept their genocidal actions within the borders of Germany, there would be no war. There would be maybe some sanctions at best.

The IDF isn't leveling a civilian population to fight a existential threat to international world order. Thry are leveling a civilian population out of revenge and Oct 7th as a pretense to carry out an ethnic cleansing.

Xopher likes this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very incomplete view of the economic issues facing Gaza.

They have definitely had corrupt governments that stole and misappropriated funds.
    They have never had control over their "own" infrastructure.

"The water resources of Palestine are de facto fully controlled by Israel, and the division of groundwater is subject to provisions in the Oslo II Accord."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water... resources of Palestine,in the Oslo II Accord.

This article is from 2020, and goes into some of the history. I'm looking for things that are pre-October 7th.
    https://tcf.org/content/report/saving-gaza-begins-water/

Here are just a couple of the important parts.
    Please stop acting as if the Palestinians in Gaza had only invested in the right infrastructure everything would be rosy and plentiful there.

Xopher and fchowd0311 like this.