1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Apology Form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamR, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Everyone should apologize to everyone. When the dude has a good game, the haters should apologize. When he has a bad game, the stans should apologize.

We'll all get along then.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Jalen Green with Rockets fans running to brag every time he has a good stretch

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I really think people have some really bad hot takes after this game lol.

The games mean nothing. You can tell once they were eliminated half of the team stopped caring, human nature. The games literally do not mean anything for these guys. It's why tanking teams are playing guys fighting for PT at around this time because established guys DGAF at this point in the season.

Everything that happened is relevant, people need to stop trying to undermine the things he's done, he's the reason many people are even disappointed because he went into prime-kobe mode for about 18 games and made the Rockets relevant. The Rockets got KOed by two teams playing better (GSW-Dal) and since then obviously are deflated and realize these games mean nothing.

Basically garbage time games. Honestly if they were wise they'd sit all important players the remaining games just in case.

Mathloom and BelgianRocketsFan like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why just not to have something to apologize for in the first place......

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He had a more than mediocre stretch in the 5 Game Losing streak after his hot streak.

Ignoring that is ridiculous as was all the fanfaring before that. Especially when that was against good opponents.

Do you even know that Prime Kobe scored 81? Green is Pre prime young Kobe at best in 18 games.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So apparently, only the bad games matter, nothing good matters.

This is a TERRIBLE way to evaluate players.

What Green did to make the Rockets relevant at the end of this season happened, no matter how much you want to think it didn't.

Mathloom and cbass like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope but it is extremely careless to not consider that.....

And again he was Pre prime Kobe at best and not Prime Kobe....who scored 81 against Raptors.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol, again Sengün and Udoka put the Rockets on the map much more.....it is not even a discussion.

You are comparing a mosquito bite to the elefant or bison stampede.

AroundTheWorld, Arda and Tankeio like this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

IF he was 28 you'd have a point. He's 22, some grace is given with inconsistency.

As far as Sengun HE too sucked the moment teams started to figure out how to double him. Same as Green. Almost like its a team game and the Rockets are not going anywhere unless they get their two best scorers working together.

I'm a rocket fan first and only. IDGAF about this Green v Sengun stuff. I hope Green is the next Kobe and Sengun is the next Jokic and the team wins 2+ championships. I don't even care if Sengun and Green are busts and Amen and Bari turn out to be our Batman and Robin. AS long as they are wearing Rocket jerseys and are decent human beings I'm rooting for them.

Rest of yall can play these only fan wars.

Mathloom, cbass and Tankeio like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And he had a very pedestrian game against the Magic in the Home Closing Game as well which was an important game to send the fans into the Offseason.......

By that logic, he should have been motivated to at least drop a 29 or 30 pts.....

Jokic and Kobe are or were unique and prime players.....

You probably have a better Sabonis and some sort of Russell Westbrook which is not bad either.

Of course I wish Hakeem would have won 6 chips instead of 2 but that is not the reality unfortunately.

#250 daywalker02, Apr 12, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
    HardenReturns likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, that game wasn't important. There was nothing on the line.

Most players ain't reaching their first all-star game until they are 24-25.

Problem with this board is so many people don't have patience and don't know how growth works. More than half of these guys wouldn't have waited for guys like Curry or SGA to develop because you'd be calling them role players at 22 years old. You have no idea what you have with any of these guys but we've watched two of these guys (Green and Sengun) daddy **** the league for stretches of time. We have another dude who just turned 20 and likely hasn't even fully grown into his body yet but flashes big time potential about weekly. This not even touching Amen or Cam.

Point is. You want special players, 9x out of 10, you wait for them.

Everyone just wants to draft a super duper star like Wemby or Luka or Lebron but these players come out like once every 5 years or so. The rest have to grow into it.

Mathloom, cbass and Tankeio like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At least I try not to let it escalate but I refuse to play the role of a blind man to what happened when he has a dominant month against the Wizards and 1 game against the Thunder where he showed out....

To ignore all the other games that he struggled in and was being benched in the 4th Quarter as a punishment and a good lesson by the head coach......

Being a fan exactly get certain players overpaid and overrated, that is why it is wise to stay a fan......

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The problem is we were just talking about this game or the game against Orlando.....

Yes, it is going to pass but not for today......

I do not get the frustration but okay......it is the offseason, you will chill out eventually.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Needs to be traded this off season or at the very least not guaranteed a starting spot. I don’t get the feeling that Udoka is the biggest fan so I think one of these two things will happen.

Y2JT and Arda like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Personally I think Jalen should care. How come Ime, FVV and Amen care?

Jalen is only 22 he should be raring to play 48 mins every game if he is already taking games off I'm kinda concerned when he gets his guaranteed millions.

I'm a big supporter of Jalen but I'm not blind to his flaws. I think Rox should continue to get big wings in the draft just in case him or Cam disappoint next year.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Imagine having to apologize to the #2 pick, because he finally played like it for 3 out of 25 weeks, before going back to mediocre.

Ok so draft slot isnt entirely the player's fault. As in, if a team drafts JaeSean Tate as the 1st overall pick, dont blame Tate for not being #1 pick worthy, blame the team for over-reaching. But even if Jalen Green was drafted #25-30, he shouldnt even make you joke/not-joke if maybe Nate Hinton can get "test minutes" . Thats a frustrating low level, before having 3 good weeks in March, for any draft pick

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

I wanted to wait until Jalen can do this for at least half a season to apologize. Turns out he can't even last for half that long

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

They could have finished with a winning record. Thats a pride point for a lot of teams. After being the lead player of basement sewage for 2 years, why not be the lead of a winning team?

If they can coast at end of year when it doesnt matter, they can also coast beginning of the year when there's "still time", dropping 2-3 earlier games that coulda been useful end of year for playoff qualifications. Thats the point of playing all the way through.

19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

No one knows what the hell was wrong with this dude last night but damn... That was terrible. His absolute worst game as a pro. 3 pts! Only took 7 shots. 2 of which were airballs!!! I think he drove to the hoop once maybe twice in the whole game. He is a rhythm player and HAS TO BE aggressively attacking to get into a rhythm and last night he just looked like he didn't feel like it. SMH

You're better than that. C'mon!

Mathloom likes this.
  20. a time to chill

That sounds like loser talk. The Rockets are trying to instill a winning culture. Your supposed star player is supposed to give a damn and bring it every night, not just a fraction of the season. If he’s not taking these games seriously trade him as soon as possible because a player like that will never lead a team to winning a championship.