1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/11/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2024.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stone cold rejected at the trade deadline.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It wasn’t a throw away. guys are playing for contracts and they throw up turds. I guess it’s a throw away from the sense that the outcome didn’t matter. But god man if you’re playing for a contract have some ****ing pride.

subtomic, AuburnRocket and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This one is gonna leave a bad taste

4. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Lol, it was like our players didn't want this to go OT with a lot of bad shots at the end. That was more like Silas coaching with rookie players, but expecting more from Ime as well as Brooks and FVV that took those last shots.

WestendMassive likes this.
  5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

We played great against the Magic. Everybody was happy, and we had a good time.

There was absolutely NO reason this game had to end up the way it did

WestendMassive and bro2044 like this.
  6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yep. The Jazz have been in full tank mode for weeks. And none of those losses have been particularly close except for one. When the Rockets eked out a 1-point win last time in Salt Lake City.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Only Fred wanted to win that ...... Harden vs Fred would be fun then.

8. conquistador#11

Nobody is blaming him. Just to tone it down a bit and play his normal game. when he scored 36, he then got tunnel vision.

bro2044 likes this.
  9. clos4life

clos4life Member

I bet if the Jazz had prepubescent girls with hula hoops and pom poms dancing for free that the Rockets would have won, but the halftime entertainment helped the Jazz win. Look at that crowd and you will see all the mormon inbreds totally into the game, in a frenzy due to the rollerskating spinning professionals and it made the Kenny Lofton go into Superman mode.

Thanks for the sweatshop halftime entertainment Fertits, this loss is on you!

WestendMassive likes this.
  10. count_dough-ku

It's not as disgusting as the Mavs loss, but it does kinda feel like the Rockets have been mailing it in since their winning streak ended. Which is disturbing since that's a trait I thought was left behind in the Silas era.

11. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ime also in his stubbornness waited til 6min in 2nd and lead was gone to bring Fred back in … should have let Fred eat 1-3rd and game wouldn’t have been close … but he always ices his own players - does it to Alpi and Jalen also

Roomba likes this.
  12. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

That may be the best idea I've heard tonight.

WestendMassive and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

As big of a Jalen optimist as I am, this game literally looked like he was sleepwalking out there in the limited minutes he got. Maybe he would’ve turned it on in the 4th, but when he comes out as flat as this I’ve rarely seen him flip it around in the same game. It was an effort thing

count_dough-ku likes this.
  14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

WHAT THE ****? OVER

clos4life likes this.
  15. AuburnRocket

PRIDE and EFFORT...most disappointing.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lack of effort can be a reason why shooting numbers never improve year after year.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I have to commend him for limiting his dumbassery for most of this season, but I really hope we trade him this off-season. He gives me the same feeling Westbrook does…when it really matters in games he’s mostly gonna do something stupid.

18. count_dough-ku

I get that there's nothing on the line for the Rockets in these games, but jeez, you'd think on a personal level, Jalen would be busting his ass out there for an extension. It's far from guaranteed the front office gives him one this summer, especially now that he's reverted to playing like crap.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. AuburnRocket

I DO totally agree with what Ime just said...if you don't want to play, just say hey, I don't want to play.I didn't like that game he coached tonight...but, can't argue with his reasoning. It is HARD to break a LOSING MENTALITY from the past.